MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Building up your car? Post up your build!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
prorallycodriver
Tricycle
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by prorallycodriver » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Turn left!

Image

Whheeeee!!!!

Now Right!

Image

I'm gonna barf now.

User avatar
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 11651
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: near the rockies. very.
Contact:

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by complacent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 pm

That cage work is beautiful.
:hitit:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz

prorallycodriver
Tricycle
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by prorallycodriver » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am

complacent wrote:That cage work is beautiful.
:hitit:
That was the Chad. Check out the fabricated larger wheel wheels for increased suspension travel and super heavy-duty strut towers. They are the bomb!

User avatar
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 15034
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:46 pm
Location: Wiesbaden.DE

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by Mr Kleen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:48 am

prorallycodriver wrote:That was the Chad. Check out the fabricated larger wheel wheels for increased suspension travel and super heavy-duty strut towers. They are the bomb!
indeed. that deserves two :pimp: :pimp: and a :ya:

User avatar
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert
Posts: 7226
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:27 pm
Location: The Wild Serengeti Suburbs

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by sirwilliam » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:04 am

Hey, maybe you can sneak my forester in the mazda build up shop to get some rally goodies? I don't think they would notice :lol:

Sweet ride, BTW! :mrgreen:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer

prorallycodriver
Tricycle
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by prorallycodriver » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 am

sirwilliam wrote:Hey, maybe you can sneak my forester in the mazda build up shop to get some rally goodies? I don't think they would notice :lol:
Yeah, Mazdateam would notice.

But, I codrive in Canada for a shop that is former Subaru Canada Rallyteam shop, current Subaru parts supply truck for all rallyteams and builds wicked fast Subaru racecars. They might not notice.

Image

Image

Most times I have room when I drive up if you wanna roadtrip to a rally and raid their service truck.

User avatar
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie
Posts: 3747
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by Cereb Daithi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Beautiful. What did you use for the heater core?

Also Barrett Dash just prepped a Mazdaspeed 3 sedan. It should be at Olympus Rally if I'm not mistaken flying under the 'Evil Eye Motorsports' banner.

User avatar
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member
Posts: 21426
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Springfield, VA
Contact:

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by Sabre » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 pm

That brings a tear to my eye :cry: It's so beautiful!
Sabre (Julian)
Image
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.

VietGuy
I walk to work
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:57 am
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by VietGuy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 am

Great pics.

User avatar
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert
Posts: 7226
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:27 pm
Location: The Wild Serengeti Suburbs

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by sirwilliam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:10 am

prorallycodriver wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:Hey, maybe you can sneak my forester in the mazda build up shop to get some rally goodies? I don't think they would notice :lol:
Yeah, Mazdateam would notice.

But, I codrive in Canada for a shop that is former Subaru Canada Rallyteam shop, current Subaru parts supply truck for all rallyteams and builds wicked fast Subaru racecars. They might not notice.

Image

Image

Most times I have room when I drive up if you wanna roadtrip to a rally and raid their service truck.
^^Berry Nice! :drive:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer

prorallycodriver
Tricycle
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: MazdaSpeedy3 ProRally car

Post by prorallycodriver » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Cereb Daithi wrote:Beautiful. What did you use for the heater core?
You can see it in one of the original post photos. I think it is the same as this too.

Image

Something Chad sourced. I think it was made to be for rear heat in airport buses or something. It's heavier than I would prefer, but does a good job and is pretty easy to fit into different applications. Has a blower and core mounted in a steel box. Chad made a diverter valve to blow on either feet or windshield. Used a Y valve in heater hose for a bypass when you don't want to run coolant through it (heat turned off). We made the defrost vents ourselves. Made a vac form mold of both halves of the vent and I had a friend vac form them and we glued them together and mounted under the dash.
Cereb Daithi wrote:Also Barrett Dash just prepped a Mazdaspeed 3 sedan. It should be at Olympus Rally if I'm not mistaken flying under the 'Evil Eye Motorsports' banner.
Yep. Huge build thread here.
http://www.specialstage.com/forums/show ... post348882

Post Reply