Looking for a nice EBC...

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Looking for a nice EBC...

Post by Sabre »

Hey all,
Ok, time has come for one of these so I can control the boost responce :) The Hydra can do it, but I've heard over and over again it's better to get a seperate EBC. I've been looking at the SBC-iD 3 and the Apexi AVCR. They seem like a little much for me. All I need is something small that can control boost at certain RPM ranges :(

Idea's anyone?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

those are gonna be your best choices for RPM controlled boost, but why control boost with RPM on a AWD car? Also keep in mind that the boost controller is only as good as the Wastegate and spring consistancy and passage diameter both play big factors in boost control. Tell us more about what you are trying to setup?

I personally use a profec spec B (older one with knobs) and I love it!

I believe the company that uses the best boost control technology would have to be HKS. They're EVC series of boost controllers use the quickest stepping motor of any solenoid in the market since last I checked. another benefit is that onece oyu have the solenoid, you can use most of thier controllers interchangably. Most people that I know making serious power uses the HKS EVC EZ as it is cheap reliable and easy to "set and forget". This is the EBC of choice for most dsmers as well as rotary and supra base camps. In fact, this is such a popular boost controllerhtat HKS, brought it back as an "EVC EZ II" model.

good luck!
-lex

[/i]
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Interested in trading your MF2 injector driver for the MRT boost controller?
http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/ ... ts-123.pdf
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The more I think of it, the more I want to just use the Hydra with the Perrin EBCS that I bought. Saves me $$$ for other things ;)

Thanks Zak... You do know, I would lend you that unit if you needed it.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.