F1 Driver Felipe Massa Seriously Injured in Qualifying

Track days? F1? Put it here!

Moderator: Moderators

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

F1 Driver Felipe Massa Seriously Injured in Qualifying

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I'm not sure if anyone else was following this, but there's been some interesting developments since it first happened. Check out the video through the link...
AutoBlog wrote:Yesderday during Formula 1 qualifying in Hungary, Ferrari's Felipe Massa suffered a life-threatening head injury when a spring from Reubens Barrichello's car struck him in the helmet. As you'll see in the ESPN video posted after the jump, the impact appears to knock the Brazilian unconscious; immediately after the incident, his car simply drives straight into the runoff area and tire wall.
And now for the BIGGER news. Because of this, Ferrari was able to get Michael Schumacher to come out of retirement to drive for Ferrari for the remainder of the season.

Thankfully, and despite earlier reports, it appears that Massa WILL be able to drive again.

--Alan
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: F1 Driver Felipe Massa Seriously Injured in Qualifying

Post by complacent »

Holy :censor: !

I hope the guy recovers quickly. :(

So Schumacher is going to give up racing motorcycles and go back to cars? Good, he kinda sucked at it.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: F1 Driver Felipe Massa Seriously Injured in Qualifying

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, I watched the accident a dozen times or so... scary to see his head fly back and then realize he's unconscious behind the wheel at that speed... Amazing he lived at all. Sounds like he'll recover well enough to call it living, fortunately.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.