The Retriever

Forum for those interested in one-wheel drive vehicles (motorcycles!). Anything and everything!

Moderator: Moderators

Libra Monkee

The Retriever

Post by Libra Monkee »

Who needs a tow truck? I've got a motorcycle with a trailer!

redferret.com wrote:If you have aspirations of running your own breakdown towing service, then check out The Retriever from Swedish company Coming Through. The Retriever is a heavily modified Honda Goldwing 1800cc motorcycle with a hideaway car-towing rig on the back. Designed to squeeze into those hard to reach breakdowns and avoid the resulting gridlock.

The car trailer has a 3 wheel design that isolates the bike from the weight of the car and allows the bike to corner naturally. The trailer is also fitted with its own brakes to assist with safe transport of the car and rider. The trailer is hydraulic powered and just needs to be fitted around the car and then raised before it is secured. All you need to do is come up with a company name.
Would you like to know more?

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: The Retriever

Post by complacent »

That's not terribly surprising, though a little funky looking.

Have you ever thrown a leg over a goldwing before? It's literally a two-wheeled accord!

With the v6, I bet it tows pretty well.

EDIT: Those crazy sweedes!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

No I haven't ridden a Goldwing before. I've got an granduncle who owns one but seeing as he carries pictures of it in his wallet, I'll probably never get to ride it.

But I have them and the do resemble small cars.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Yeah, Goldwings are beasts in general...can't imagine how crazy expensive this setup is, though. Sweet idea nonetheless.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer