New Dulles Dcawd meet?

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

blubaru
I walk to work

New Dulles Dcawd meet?

Post by blubaru »

hi everybody i was talking to julian and was wodering if anyone would be interested starting up a new dcawd meet out here in dulled for all the local crowd. or maby just a new area for dcawd to meet maby once a mont or once every other month. you i thought it would be a nice loaction just for a change of pace. would anyone be intrested in that? If anyone is intrested i would be gald to scout out location and see what we can do. but first things first let me know what you all think.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: New Dulles Dcawd meet?

Post by Sabre »

blubaru wrote:hi everybody i was talking to julian and was wodering if anyone would be interested starting up a new dcawd meet out here in dulled for all the local crowd. or maby just a new area for dcawd to meet maby once a mont or once every other month. you i thought it would be a nice loaction just for a change of pace. would anyone be intrested in that? If anyone is intrested i would be gald to scout out location and see what we can do. but first things first let me know what you all think.
Since Jason is the closest to this, he'll be the one organizing the place/time :) I'll try my best to be there as always :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
blubaru
I walk to work

Post by blubaru »

maby ill actually get a chance to meet you in person julian. :wink: :)
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

My feeling on this is that it's pretty close to where the "NoVA" crew meets, typically in Sterling. The community may gain the most from the DCAWD trying to join the NoVA crew on a more regular basis.

I have been thinking about doing shooting meets at a regular basis, I'm a member at Blue Ridge now. Stay tuned.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
blubaru
I walk to work

Post by blubaru »

good post elzorro. i dont hate the loaction where dcawd meets now its just it relly far from where i live now and i think the dcawd club would benefit form alternateing loaction once and a while. This way the the usual dcawd members and go around and meet up with new crews that might not have ever came to a dcawd meet due to the fact that the meets were just too far away. evey other week there would be new faces and not just the same old. i had a interesting idea that maby we could make a entirely new DCAWD crew. DCAWD:Dulles or soemthing like that. it would be the same crew same club just diffrent location. this DCAWD:dulles crew would focus on interaction with local to more southern subaru/awd clubs not to mention the interaction with just subaru owners in general. i know that the current dcawd club usualy meets on wed or thurs for dinner meets. this dulles meets could be held a bit later in the week on Friday or saturday. it could be just a full blown dcawd meet just cars no food. but i guess if you get hungry theres redrobins, chick a fille, that texas road house etc. but it was just a thought. every one post your views/thoughts on the topic?
blubaru
I walk to work

Post by blubaru »

come one people post your ideas
drrice
I'm a n000b

Post by drrice »

i think dulles meet would be great, loudon county cops are usually cool about the meets up there, i even know a cop who would come to the meet who drives an evo, but i guess im a bit biast cuz i live close and hardtimes/D&B are far. this is too long of a post

sum it up- +1 for dulles town center meets
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I don't think this is something we are ready for right now. In the mean time I would suggest you guys watch NASIOC for the "NOVA" meets that Saint_Foo holds up in that area. I will be going to those a little more often and some of the other DCAWD folks may as well.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:I don't think this is something we are ready for right now. In the mean time I would suggest you guys watch NASIOC for the "NOVA" meets that Saint_Foo holds up in that area. I will be going to those a little more often and some of the other DCAWD folks may as well.
I'd agree with this after contemplating it for awhile. Saint_Foo hosts meet's in that area that some of us already attend. He's a good guy that is already doing a good job for that area. Definitely contact him and ask him about it :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
blubaru
I walk to work

Post by blubaru »

eds meets are good but they are only mid week meets none are held on friday or saturday. it would be nice to have some real meets out in dulles once in a while.
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

blubaru wrote:eds meets are good but they are only mid week meets none are held on friday or saturday. it would be nice to have some real meets out in dulles once in a while.
You can always just start a thread that sez "hey, let's have a meet at restaurant x in dulles on saturday" and see who shows up. How do you think DCAWD started :)
blubaru
I walk to work

Post by blubaru »

nah you have to practically be a god to start a meet on nasioc. you neet atleast 1500 posts to really be able to start up a meet.
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

Neither Ed or Julian had anywhere near that when they started having meets..
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ButtDyno wrote:Neither Ed or Julian had anywhere near that when they started having meets..
lol, the fist few DCAWD meets were not even listed on NASIOC :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I didn't make my account on NASIOC until around April 04, we'd been meeting for a couple months at that point. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I joined NASIOC the weekend I brought Betty home, but I mostly lurk so I don't have a high post count. Don't put too much stock in post count even on a great board like NASIOC. I don't remember if I first saw a post about DCAWD or if I just happened by the AMC one night... :lol:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

nawwww, you just had the feeling there were some ex-navy yard cats hanging out ;)

colin
blubaru
I walk to work

Post by blubaru »

the thing is DCAWD is a well recognized car club. lets say if 381 posts blubaru tried to organize a meet i doubt that anyone would come even if they knew me just because there are other meets out there like that one way down in woodbridge. if we were to orchestrate a "DCAWD" meet the turn out would be great solly because fo the name backing up the meet. the name alone could probably carry a meet.
also thanks Elzorro for the creamsoda at eds it was good :)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

ah yes, the ex-navy yard cats... 8)

you might be surprised, blubaru, at the response you get. maybe not the first "meet" but you never know. post up and I'm sure everybody here will make at least an honest effort to show up. I can't make it to every DCAWD meet, but I do feel like I'm part of the club. :wink:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:ah yes, the ex-navy yard cats... 8)

you might be surprised, blubaru, at the response you get. maybe not the first "meet" but you never know. post up and I'm sure everybody here will make at least an honest effort to show up. I can't make it to every DCAWD meet, but I do feel like I'm part of the club. :wink:
Don't worry Mr. Kleen, even in your absence, you were missed! You've always been part of it!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Don't worry Mr. Kleen, even in your absence, you were missed! You've always been part of it!
aww shucks.. :oops: 8)

now which one of you is gonna step up and install my brakes?!?
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

i'll install them...on my car ;) for free!

colin
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

bluscooby23 wrote:i'll install them...on my car ;) for free!

colin
I guess I do still owe you for that Audioslave ticket... :evil:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:
bluscooby23 wrote:i'll install them...on my car ;) for free!

colin
I guess I do still owe you for that Audioslave ticket... :evil:
Give Colin a Call ASAP! If you need the number, PM me!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

it's all good, Colin rescued me from the crack pipe (aka WoW) last night. now I DO owe him. :lol: