Volvo Unveils the S60 Performance Project

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Volvo Unveils the S60 Performance Project

Post by Sabre »

The Torque Report
Volvo Car Australia has created the S60 Performance Project, which is the result of its partnerships with Polestar and Heico.

Volvo has upped the performance of the S60 T6 R Design. The horsepower has been increased to 325-hp and the S60 Performance Project also gets unique 19-inch Heico wheels and a new exhaust system. It also gets a lowered sports suspension with stiffer springs and bushings.

Matt Braid, Volvo Car Australia Managing Director stated, "The S60 T6 already boasts excellent performance credentials and the S60 Performance Project takes that even further. With the extra power, torque and unique wheels and exhaust system the S60 Performance Project really is a very special edition S60.''

Looks pretty good! The 3L inline 6 would be a fun engine to mod.... I'm just saying :lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Re: Volvo Unveils the S60 Performance Project

Post by sirwilliam »

Been waiting for the R to come out.

I still have a real soft spot for the older version S60R and V70R(especially the wagon).
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

How much will it cost? Has anyone priced that Volvo hatchback? It's FWD and damn near $30k.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The C30R (which I think is pretty cool) starts around 32k :cry: Hard to justify when you can get a STI for that mula.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Yeah, didn't say I would get it, just looking forward to seeing it when it comes out. I still think I like the old body style better, though. And, yes, it is D@MN pricey.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer