APS 65 mm Intake
Stock injectors
Aquamist HFS 5 alchy injection with two nozzels
TGV deletes
Big TMIC
3.5 " Turbo B ack APS Exhuast
Walbro fuel pump
AP 2 tuned by Dyno Flash

Today we added the Agency Power 4 into 1 header (similar to HKS design) and frankly I was amazed with the gains we recieved

NOTE - still on stock injectors and 65 mm MAF - but without a doubt at the MAX ! (Lots of meth injected)

I find this power level very impressive on a car with minor mods and pump gas

43HP and 25lbs torque

Just for reference - this comparision is with additional tuning which was required to realize some of the gains from the headers. With the reduction of back pressure we were able to run additional ingition timing and work further with the AVCS. About half of the extra power came from the tuning.

They look to be made in the same place as some other headers I have seen with the identical looking cast 4 into 1 collector - I think they are a good value for the price and thus far they have not cracked on my car

Now you can all understand why I'm such a big proponent of headers and why I'm planning on getting a set of the E-bay 2-piece for $120 shipped for my FXT! The E-bay 2 piece are the Agency power
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Don't you lose the boxer rumble w/ headers?
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Only if you go with equal length.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Headers Make Big gains!

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote: APS SR 56 Turbo
APS 65 mm Intake
Stock injectors
Aquamist HFS 5 alchy injection with two nozzels
TGV deletes
Big TMIC
3.5 " Turbo Back APS Exhuast
Walbro fuel pump
AP 2 tuned by Dyno Flash
I just want to point out, this is definitely NOT lightly modded.
That turbo flow's a very decent amount of air
The TGV deletes are a nightmare
The 3.5 inch exhaust is by no means normal. In fact, APS is the only company I know that makes one for Subaru's.

The gains were very high since they are able to flow SO much air through the other parts of the system. A stock STI that added these would see no where near these gains. Once you add a turbo, you will see a little higher gains, but none of us are running a setup like they are to see those gains.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Headers Make Big gains!

Post by drwrx »

Sabre wrote: I just want to point out, this is definitely NOT lightly modded.
That turbo flow's a very decent amount of air
The TGV deletes are a nightmare
The 3.5 inch exhaust is by no means normal. In fact, APS is the only company I know that makes one for Subaru's.

The gains were very high since they are able to flow SO much air through the other parts of the system. A stock STI that added these would see no where near these gains. Once you add a turbo, you will see a little higher gains, but none of us are running a setup like they are to see those gains.
You are indeeed correct this is NOT a lightly modded car, despite what ICS and Big Al may claim, and only those with a turbo swap are going to get numbers like 43HP and 25lbs torque. However, every test I have seen on lightly modded (stage 2) cars puts unequal length headers around 12-14 whp and 16-18 ftlbs. And while a set of Gruppe-S or Agency power headers for $400 is a good buy, an ebay set for $120 is just a no-brainer. There is no other bolt-on part that can make such gains for the price. Also, headers have been proven lower exhaust gas temps, which is also a good thing in our cars.
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:Don't you lose the boxer rumble w/ headers?
I think my car still sounds really good with ELH.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i just couldn't justify robbing my subie of its boxer rumble, power gains be damned. half the fun of driving my car is listening to the exhaust note with the windows down.
-Ben
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Remember, it's only the equal length headers that change the boxer rumble.

Normal headers, such as the ones profiled here, do nothing but add power!
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

true. i was referring to the equal length ones, probably because so many nasioc guys drool over them and i've been whoring the tech forums lately.
-Ben