Poker, Beer Chili and a Huge HDTV! Fri. Oct. 14

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

SammiJoMama
I'm a n000b

Poker, Beer Chili and a Huge HDTV! Fri. Oct. 14

Post by SammiJoMama »

Original thread is on Nasioc, but we had such a blast with Julian and his crew at Busch Gardens last weekend that we want to extend our invitation to DCAWD members.

The following info is directly from the original thread on Nasioc.

Who: Everyone is invited. It will be hosted by Sammi and Payam.

What: Just a fun time hanging out with the MAIC'ers.

When: Friday, Oct. 14th from 6-7pm to whenever!

Where: Sammi's parent's house (They are gone for the weekend!) in Fairfax/Burke area. Image

From 495: Take Braddock Rd. (West). Follow for aprox. 5 miles, and take a left on Powell Rd. Follow to the stop sign, find a place to park.

From 28: Take 50 towards Fairfax. Take 7100 (Fairfax County Parkway) south, towards Springfield. Take Braddock Rd. exit, stay to the left of the exit. Follow Braddock Rd for Approx. 6 miles, take a right on Powell Rd. Follow to stop sign, find a place to park.

From 66: Take 66 to either 28 or 495, whichever is closer and follow directions from appropriate road. You can also take 66 to 123 south, towards Fairfax. Follow 123 until you reach Braddock Rd. Take a left, follow for approx. 3 miles, take a right on Powell Rd. Follow to stop sign, find a place to park.

From 50 (Chantilly): Take Fairfax County Parkway south towards Springfield. Take Braddock Rd. Exit, stay to left. Follow Braddock Rd. for approx. 6 miles and take a right on Powell Rd. Follow to stop sign, park, party.

From 50 (Annandale): Take Prosperity to 236 (Little River Turnpike/ Main St.). Take a right on 236. get in left lane and turn left on Guinea Rd. Follow Guinea to Braddock Rd. and take a right. Follow for about 1/2 mile and take a left on Powell Rd. Follow to stop sign, park, party.

From 7100 (Sprinfield Area): Take 7100 North towards Reston. Make a right on Burke Lake Rd. Follow until you reach the end at Braddock Rd. and make a left. Follow for approx. 2 miles, take a left on Powell Rd. Find a place to park, then come on in.

Edit:By the way if you are allergic to cats, your name might be rogue, or you may want to take some meds before you arrive. Our house is incredibly clean, and we also have a nice area in the backyard to hang out and chill if you need some fresh air.

Food plans as of now are my mom's delicious white chili, slow cooked all day in the croc-pot. As well as other finger foods. You are more than wecome to bring your own food if you have a no-meat preference.

HOWEVER it is a bring-your-own beer event.
We will provide coolers and ice as well as non-alcoholic bevarges. We should have some fridge room, too.

We have Xbox, PS2, Gamecube with many many many controllers for each, so if you have a fave party game, go ahead and bring it!

Please let me know how many you are attending with for an accurate head-count. I don't want to be short on chili.

Who is coming:
1. SJF01(Sammi) and psyber_0ptix (Payam)
2. vudoo7 (Tommy)
3. Acquacow (Dave)
4. 84SubaruDL (Evangelo) - Maybe
5. blubaru703 (Kyle)
6. jalow72 (James) + Wife and kids? - Maybe
7. ShannonO + Jard
8. TurbojonLS (Jon)
9. mav1c (Tim) + Melissa
10. Tgui (Eric) - Maybe
11. 2wdrift (Gary)
12. Xechs (Greg)
13. 012.5RS (???) - Maybe
14. SplatZ400 (???)
15. WRXWagon2112 (Alan)
16. SureGrip (Bryan)
17. sabre (Julian)
18. El Zorro (Jason)
19. bluscooby23 (Colin)
20. Mr Kleen (???)
21.THIS SPOT COULD HAVE YOUR NAME ON IT!
Last edited by SammiJoMama on Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Sammi :)
Thanks for posting this here, I think I'll be able to make it! w00t! This is actually the night before the Dyno Day, so it will be a subie weekend!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Hmm, I may be a able to make it as well. Never know until the last minute, but such is my life right now.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

ditto! :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

chili? beer?!? I might just make it out...
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I gotta remember to hit up the grocery store before the dyno day, and I gotta mix up a batch of beer cheese. when are you guys heading over to the party Friday night?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'll probably go home first to change, so I'll leave springfield around 6:30ish.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

I'm in. Many thanks for the info! Will post over at Nasioc as well. Name's Eric by the way (have to avoid the dreaded ???'s by my name). :)

BTW, Kleen....beer cheese? Do tell.......
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

beer + cheese = good times. I guess it's a Kentucky thing but it's a semi-spicy cheese dip made with beer. I was thinking about gaffing on the beer cheese but since it's causing such a stir I'll *have* to make some.

I won't get home tomorrow until 6:45 then I gotta run to the store. I should be ready to head to the get together by 8. see you guys there. (anybody want to DD for drunk gabe?)

I like the "???" makes me seem all mysterious and shit! :nana:
psyber_0ptix
I'm a n000b

Post by psyber_0ptix »

bump for the night before!

man it looks to be all drizzley, i hope we can accomodate everyone!

bring video games for:

ps2 xbox or gamecube. or whatever else sounds fun. i think we might try to fit a little poker in. i just learned how to play 2 or 3 months ago and its crack.

in anycase i hope no one is allergic to cats, we have 5. but they will be out of the way for the most part. and we'll be sure to whip out the dyson to take care of any pet allergy prolems :D
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

psyber_0ptix wrote: in anycase i hope no one is allergic to cats, we have 5. but they will be out of the way for the most part. and we'll be sure to whip out the dyson to take care of any pet allergy prolems :D
lol, Dysons can suck a cat up from 5 ft away!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

sabre wrote:lol, Dysons can suck a cat up from 5 ft away!
:pics:

Sorry, goofy mood this afternoon.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

sorry all, gonna miss this one as well. prior family commitments. have fun and thanks for the invite!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz