Anyone have a laptop for data logging?

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Anyone have a laptop for data logging?

Post by Mr Kleen »

I've got my COBB OBDII cable and I've seen a couple freeware data logging programs around, but I don't have a laptop to give any of them a try. has anybody done any data logging? care to help a brother out sometime (maybe this weekend perhaps)? the COBB cable is a serial so I guess I'd need to come up with a USB/Serial adapter. unless somebody has an OLD laptop that can still run the data logging software. too bad COBB didn't go with a USB setup in the first place...

with the dyno day coming up I was hoping to get as much information as I can so I can decide if it's worth the money to get a ProTune for my AP. and it would make me feel all f2st and fur1ous to have a laptop on the passenger seat. :mrgreen:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

<Raises hand>

I should be able to help you out. Calendar is clear for tomorrow night and Saturday.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

cool and the gang. Saturday would be best for me. you do any data logging before? I'm teh n00b.

anybody else want to join in?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I log data all the time :) What do you want to know? Easiest thing in the world to do it just take the log files and graph them to see some nice curves (hopefully)!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Depending on what OBD-II software you are using, there might not be all that much info that it logs that you can graph. Some are just CEL scanners, others allow you to get engine data and graph it in real time.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Haven't done any ODBII logging, but I'm an Excel master, whatever data is there will be beautiful. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

sabre wrote:I log data all the time :) What do you want to know? Easiest thing in the world to do it just take the log files and graph them to see some nice curves (hopefully)!
you offering your services? busy this weekend? :wink:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:
sabre wrote:I log data all the time :) What do you want to know? Easiest thing in the world to do it just take the log files and graph them to see some nice curves (hopefully)!
you offering your services? busy this weekend? :wink:
I'll be out of town this weekend :( If you want, we can get together at the D&B's meet and we can try some stuff out :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I probably won't make the D&B meet. I get home around 7 now and the traffic is a real pain getting there. will just have to see how things are going next week.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Mr Kleen wrote:I probably won't make the D&B meet. I get home around 7 now and the traffic is a real pain getting there. will just have to see how things are going next week.
Metro up and someone can get you back to your car.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I appreciate the offer guys, but I really need a minute to decompress after work. I'll think about it... [stops to feel DCAWD love]
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^^ That's why I go, so I can beat up my fellow DCAWD bros/sisters in games :) Takes all the fustration out real quick :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI