Is it just me..

Getting dirty for the fun of it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Is it just me..

Post by Cereb Daithi »

or is anyone else tired of the SWRT cars breaking? It's been going on for a year and a half now. I think it's time to stop. Every race it seems to be solberg and atkinson do great in the beginning. Atkinson's car breaks and Solberg crashes or his car breaks.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Let's hope the new chassis is better!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Re: Is it just me..

Post by sirwilliam »

Cereb Daithi wrote:or is anyone else tired of the SWRT cars breaking? It's been going on for a year and a half now. I think it's time to stop. Every race it seems to be solberg and atkinson do great in the beginning. Atkinson's car breaks and Solberg crashes or his car breaks.
Well, crash happens. Damage from the crash, you really can't help too much...depending on severity.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

part of it is the nature of WRC racing.

what part remains to be seen...
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

it's the fact that none of the other top competing cars' engines seem to blow up every race. arr
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

I think Loeb and Solberg have placed a voodoo curse on the Subarus. In general though, that does seem to be the case. Sordo has had a couple of issues and so have the Fords, but overall, their cars seem so much stronger and more capable. :(
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Definitely A certain amount of mechanical failure is to be expected. After all these cars are subjected to a pounding every time they hit a stage or super-special... but something has been wrong with the new subarus. Electrical failures, differential problems, sudden catastrophic engine failures without warning. It's just all a bit much. Every time something seems to be going right, it all goes wrong. My girlfriend has been a saint to put up with my obsessions over subaru but i heard her sneak in a bit of a laugh when I was watching rally Argentina and the petters subaru just died instantly. at least solberg is back to competing in the top 3 before his car goes kaput.

it helps that i'm also a big fan of mikko hirvonen. so if I can't watch my fav manufacturer be competitive, at least I can watch one of my favorite drivers.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Cereb Daithi wrote:or is anyone else tired of the SWRT cars breaking? It's been going on for a year and a half now. I think it's time to stop. Every race it seems to be solberg and atkinson do great in the beginning. Atkinson's car breaks and Solberg crashes or his car breaks.
I completely agree. Almost every rally, Solberg starts out very competitive (as you said - top 3 usually) and then something happens. Not just once, not twice, but every stinking rally! I think Loeb made a deal with the devil a few seasons back with two stipulations. One: grant him near-unblemished supremacy in the WRC. Two: curse the Subarus to keep them out of his way.

Too bad he never counted on Ford. I can't believe I'm cheering for Grönholm. Hirvonen I can cheer, but Grönholm is just an ass.

--Alan
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Too bad he never counted on Ford. I can't believe I'm cheering for Grönholm. Hirvonen I can cheer, but Grönholm is just an ass.

--Alan
Mikko is doing amazing and I love watching him, but Grönholm is funny. :)
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

The only thing I like about Grönholm is the way he sometimes dicks over the reporters at the ends of the stages. Sometimes they ask really stupid questions and he lets them know just how stupid they are. :twisted:

--Alan
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

yeah the big fin can be a bit of a dick. He's definitely one of the more serious drivers.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Grönholm makes me laugh. he may act like an ass but I enjoy watching him drive and give interviews. :lol:
I don't get too caught up with manufacturers or drivers. I enjoy watching a good rally no matter who wins. :popcorn:
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

true. despite the subaru obsession, all those cars are incredible and every single one of those drivers are better than I could ever hope to be. Really is an interesting sport. Still. Hopefully subaru/prodrive work out all the kinks soon..