BRAKE!

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

BRAKE!

Post by Cereb Daithi »

alright well i haven't checked it yet but i figured i'd run it past you guys before i went to bed. i'll be looking into what i think it is tomorrow...

anyways i was driving home from a friends around 2am when after about 10 min of driving i look down at my gagues to notice the BRAKE light is on. I look down... parking brake isnt the cause.. about 20 seconds later it turns off... well that means its not the brakelights or pads (im not even sure if imprezas even have a sensor in em) anyways the only logical thing i can assume is the brake fluid is starting to get low. the light turned on and off about 3 seperate times before i got home.. i guess i should open up the master cyllinder when i wake up and check the levels.

this seem like the likely cause?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'd check the brake fluid level and make sure the parking brake cable isn't sticking, then work from there.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

just checked. definetly the brake fluid. its only about 1/2 inch above the "min" line. need to get that taken care of soon... and doing another checkover of the car... my GOD i need to change my tires very soon... i have only about about a 1/8 inch of tread left on the back. i'm pretty much driving on slicks.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, two good things to get taken care of before you all have a big snow up there! Man, I'm just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for ours!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

I just checked the fluids in my cars Saturday. Both were low on oil, coolant, and windshield wiper fluid and the Celica was low on power steering. But after at Advance they're both good to go now.

And I can't wait for the snow either!!!!! :twisted: I've my tires sitting in the garage just waiting for fresh powder!!

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."