Springs and endlinks...

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Springs and endlinks...

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, I have been putting this off for a long time but I feel it is necessary to go through w/ now.

I have Forester STi pinks that I need to install along w/ poltec adjustable rear endlinks. I was going to wait until I replaced the rear lateral links or bought a reinformance tab but not going to wait b/c I feel I need that 1" drop pronto!

So if anyone can help and has a garage...or I have a carport but it is kinda cramped. Let me know. THANK YOU...MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!! ARIBA, ARIBA!!!! YEEEHAAAAAAh!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Oh, here are some pics:

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

my place is always open, this sunday I'll be all over the 944 if you want to come over. I dont have spring compressors though, and you might need 2 sets (trust me).

Also, the front pinks are a PITA to install.... i mean really I'll NEVER to forester springs again.
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

end links are easy. you will need to raise the rear end off the ground to relax the suspension to install them, but they aren't hard.

I've never done springs on an FXT but Ross sounds like an expert... :poke: :wink:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm not sure what's going on at my hous ethis weekend. I know at some point I'll be helping Darrin out with his suspension :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

spazegun2213 wrote: Also, the front pinks are a PITA to install.... i mean really I'll NEVER to forester springs again.
Why is it any different from WRX/STi pink spring installs?

Scoobymods link when Peaty installed his:

http://tinyurl.com/kt8am

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Hmm, looks like Sunday might be a pretty sweet day to do the work. Gabe, you feel like giving me a hand w/ the install as well? Hmm, so who has Colin's spring compressors? Maybe I could get those for this weekend. I think maybe go to Julian's place for the install just b/c it is more localized for everyone and ZaX air compressor is there as well. :mrgreen: I really need to get a house w/ a big multi-bay garage w/ a lift and tons of tools :mrgreen:

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

not sure what my Sunday is going to look like. I've got a buddy in from Lexington this weekend. I also told Darrin I'd give him a hand if he does his install on Sunday.

maybe we could coordinate the two installs?
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

sirwilliam wrote:
spazegun2213 wrote: Also, the front pinks are a PITA to install.... i mean really I'll NEVER to forester springs again.
Why is it any different from WRX/STi pink spring installs?

Scoobymods link when Peaty installed his:

http://tinyurl.com/kt8am
the front sti pinks are like twice as big as the Impreza ones, and there are not many coils on them to get the compressors around.... its just a pain
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, I'll be helping Darrin with his install on Sunday if he can wait that long ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote: maybe we could coordinate the two installs?
Sounds vonderbar!!!!! :D Anyone got spring compressors or do I need to get some?

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Ben has a set, and you can rent them at most auto parts stores. make sure to get the external compressors. they clamp on the outside of the strut/spring. Steve rented a set that went inside the spring, but the strut is in there so...
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:Ben has a set, and you can rent them at most auto parts stores. make sure to get the external compressors. they clamp on the outside of the strut/spring. Steve rented a set that went inside the spring, but the strut is in there so...
Hmm, Ben if you are reading this, I need your compressors...PRONTO GRACIAS!!!!!

And WTH would they make internal spring compressors...why would you ever need that?

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

some suspension setups have the shocks and springs side by side. I'm sure Zak or Darrin can illuminate further if necessary. I think that design is mostly domestic autos.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:some suspension setups have the shocks and springs side by side. I'm sure Zak or Darrin can illuminate further if necessary. I think that design is mostly domestic autos.
Oh yeah, some of those crazy baja racers and some crazy jeep setups is what I am remembering now...almost forgot.

So are we good for Sunday at Juliano's...I will make it this time Julian...oh forgot to mention that my GTSpec was the culprit of the bad noise...I took it out drill some better holes, bent the top fin/piece to touch the hood scoop and put a straight grommet on for a buffer...reinstalled...better flow and no noise FTW!!!! Also, did all the work at work...heheh. :drive: Now just have to order some neoprene, neoprene glue and figure a non-ugly way to attach it to the splitter.

Oh, do I need to find some compressors or did somebody have them?