FS NOVA, 1988 Mustang GT 347 Stroker with Nitrous

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

TAPOUT
Unicycle

FS NOVA, 1988 Mustang GT 347 Stroker with Nitrous

Post by TAPOUT »

Well, the time has come to clear something out, and I think I am going to have to let the Mustang go. I have done so much work to this car, and haven't had enough chance to enjoy it. I had a 347 stroker motor built, and I haven't had a chance to drive it more than about 1200 miles since. The car runs great, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. There are a couple things that I have not fixed that need to be tended to. It needs the gear installed for the speedometer and the cable put in for it to work. I have the correct gear and clip, but I have not had a chance to fix it. I have not connected all the wiring for the nitrous system, and have not sprayed the car yet. I have a Nitrous Express plate system designed for the Edelbrock intake that is on the car. I built the car to be at 10.5:1 compression, and planned to run a 100 shot for the start. I have also not had the car tuned. I took it to the track and went 13.4@109, on motor,with a 2.3 60 ft and granny shifting just to get an idea of what it can do. I figure if you just ran the car hard, 109 should get you into the low-mid 12's. Everything for the drive train has been upgraded on the car except the axles. It has a tubular K-member, aluminum drive shaft, Tremec TKO 500 trans with a Centerforce clutch, brand new 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson's on the rear, It has a T/A rear cover with girdle, rear axle brace, subframe connectors, Steeda springs, slotted rotors up front with Green Stuff pads, newly rebuilt rear brakes, Pro 5.0 short shifter, etc.

For the engine,
It is a 347 cu in stroker motor. completely balanced, and ready to go with Edelbrock heads ported with new valves, springs, and roller rockers. Big cam, .582/.562 split lift, .282/.262 split duration roller Comp Cam designed for nitrous. Melling high volume oil pump, Moroso 7 quart oil pan, Keith Black pistons, H-beam rods, Edelbrock Victor intake, NX direct port spacer system, BBK 80mm throttle body. Fluid Damper balancer, Weiand polished water pump, custom made Taylor wires, 30# injectors, BBK shorty headers, BBK H-pipe with cat. converters, Flowmaster mufflers and custom tailpipes.

You can see some more pictures here, the most current ones are on page 2
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154592/1

I am looking to get $8000, which is close to what it takes to build this motor. The body of the car is in decent condition, and so is the interior. This car is a driver that has no problem going to the race track. I built the car to run just fast enough not to need a cage. I built the car with the idea that it would run mid 11's with the nitrous, and still be fun to drive on a Friday night. This car gets lots of looks everywhere I go, and it sounds great.

Oh, by the way it also has an Alpine CD player, Eclipse rear speakers, and Kicker 3-way set up in the front. I have 4" and tweeter Resolution seperates in the dash and 6 1/2" midbass drivers in the doors. I have nice Monster cable RCA's and speaker wire run to the trunk for an amp, but I have no amp back there. I also have an Optima Red Top battery located in a custom aluminum battery box in the trunk with 0 gauge wire run to the front of the car. I have really nice connectors/fuse holders throughout the car. Probably over $1500 in audio/cables/accessories.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

That's one hell of a beast there. Good luck with the sale!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

An old co-worker LOVES the foxbodies and was looking to get one (without his wife knowing)...
I'll see if he is still got an itch to scratch.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

That sounds like one FUN car! G/l with the sale!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

zaxrex wrote:An old co-worker LOVES the foxbodies and was looking to get one (without his wife knowing)...
I'll see if he is still got an itch to scratch.
Thanks, I'm sure she'll know when he drives up in it.
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

Drift project ftw!
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

gsx-lex wrote:Drift project ftw!
You'd want to change the tires....M/T's aren't known for their ability to be spun.
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

I'm taking it to the track this weekend to she what it can do. I have finished the trunk and the dash along with the stereo as well...
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

I love the fox bodies. In high school I drove a black 88 GT w/ I/H/E and it was awesome. I bracket raced it with nearly 200k miles on it. It was slow though. But it had some chrome 16's w/ some 265s on the back and T-tops. I thought it was the cats a$$. GLWS.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Re: FS NOVA, 1988 Mustang GT 347 Stroker with Nitrous

Post by TAPOUT »

I'm getting closer to really wanting to sell this thing.
I think 600 to the wheels ought to do it...