Subaru campaigning Impreza STI at Nurburgring 24-hour race

Track days? F1? Put it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Subaru campaigning Impreza STI at Nurburgring 24-hour race

Post by Mr Kleen »

Autoblog wrote:Subaru campaigning Impreza STI at Nurburgring 24-hour race

Subaru has announced its participation in the 37th ADAC Zurich 24-Hour Race (AKA the 24-Hours of Nurburgring) with a Subaru Technica International-modified Impreza STI. The WRX will be campaigning in the SP3T class (comprised of turbo'd cars with a displacement of 2.0 liters), with Kazuo Shimizu, Toshihiro Yoshida, Naoki Hattori and Koji Matsuda manning the helm during the enduro.

According to Subaru, the team's objective is to "collect data and verify technical know-how" and use the knowledge it gleans from the race to improve the STI's development. The modifications are standard race-car fare, with a stripped interior and safety equipment, along with a number of body stiffening components and a "Flexible Tower Bar."

Subaru's set up a micro-site to track the team's progress and will supposedly have live timing and results when the event gets underway in May. Press release below the fold.
Autoblog link

Subaru ADAC Zurich 24 Hour Race micro-site

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Subaru campaigning Impreza STI at Nurburgring 24-hour race

Post by zaxrex »

Did I ever say how close I was to taking the ADAC driver challenge in Germany? Yeah, we are not going to talk about that...

This should be fun. Thanks Gabe
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Did I ever say how I had ADAC when I was in Germany? No? Well no need to bring it up now.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Libra Monkee wrote:Did I ever say how I had ADAC when I was in Germany? No? Well no need to bring it up now.
Oh, that's cold.

--Alan
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

zaxrex wrote:Did I ever say how close I was to taking the ADAC driver challenge in Germany? Yeah, we are not going to talk about that...
This is a chapter in the book of Zak that I would like to read. You have to elaborate.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Posted it up here, but the linky no worky. Has been updated to http://fsz-hockenheimring.de/index.php?id=40
Here is a low rez vid of the promo they had
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_Jv_qnf3c

Turned out that since I could not speak German they would not let me attend for insurance reasons.
I did get to the ring and park there and take some vids of others having fun.

Sad chapter actually. :notcool:
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears