Enduro Karting events

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

bgarfield
I'm a n000b

Enduro Karting events

Post by bgarfield »

PROGRAM:
We're organizing a few 3 hour Enduros at Mid Atlantic Grand Prix this Winter. For those of you unfamiliar with MAGP, it's an indoor karting track in New Castle, DE, about 55 miles north of the Baltimore Beltway (www.midatlanticgrandprix.com)
The plan is to do one a month, Nov, Dec, Jan, February, and possibly March. It will be on Sunday mornings 8am-12pm

The cost per Enduro is $100/person, and you'll be paired with 2 other drivers. The Enduro is 450 laps or 150/person. You drive for 20 mins, rest for 40 mins. No double stints. Draw numbers for your kart, pick one person to do a 5 min Qualifier, Leader on pole rolling start.
There's approximately a 4 minute window to change drivers.

The track is a 1/5 mile 9 turn track with two significant fast sections. A normal lap is around 22-23 seconds.

Please be aware that this is A LOT of drive time. If you're not used to running indoor karts, that's fine, but try to get some practice in before you come to an Enduro. It is great off season training because it's aerobic, it's not something you drive for 20 minutes your first time.

FIRST DATE:
Sunday November 16th
You do not need to make all of the dates, we'll work you in and assign you to a team.

TEAMS:
We're putting together 8 teams minimum, 12 teams maximum.
Teams will be determined with a short pre-qualifying session, just before we run on November 16th. However, we recommend that you try to make a trip to MAGP prior to the 16th to get some practice, there won't be any time to do that just before we run (other than the pre-qualifier). Once everyone has qualified, we'll make a decision on the teams for that day. Teams will have an opportunity to discuss that track and allow better drivers to help newer drivers.
After the Enduro, there will be a debrief to go over how everything went and everyone will have a say.

OTHER DATES:
The December date has been chosen and booked as Sunday, December 14th. Please email me ASAP to put your name down for that date as well.

MORE DRIVERS:
We still want a larger list of drivers, the maximum for one event being 36. So if you know anyone interested in the event for anytime this Winter, please have them email me so I can put them on the list.

QUESTIONS?:
If you have any questions, feel free to post them to the entire group so we can make sure everything is clear.

The updated spreadsheet of drivers and dates is posted here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... nA7a5KHKJg Check back each day if you like to see who is attending and when. Also, check my accuracy to make sure I have your information correct.

Also, with the big van, I can carpool with 10 other people...

Thanks,
Brian Garfield
443-271-4866
bgarfield@gmail.com
'08 STi...BLACK (family)
'99 Miata (everyday)
'02 E350 (tow)
Lots of Karts.
http://www.juliangarfield.com
Libra Monkee

Re: Enduro Karting events

Post by Libra Monkee »

This... sounds... AWESOME!!! I want to sign up but I need two other drivers. Who's with me?

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Any ideas when the other dates are? I'd DEFINITELY be up for this.

BTW, how come I see Julian (w00t to the name!) has a track record there, but Brian does not! ;)

Thanks for posting this up Brian, much appriciated. BTW, Katie has kept us voting for Julian in this thread.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Sabre wrote:BTW, how come I see Julian (w00t to the name!) has a track record there, but Brian does not! ;)
He's got too much junk in the trunk. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

I would be interested :D. I've only gone karting twice before though.
My Name is Adam.