hands dry, what gives

Forum for those interested in one-wheel drive vehicles (motorcycles!). Anything and everything!

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

hands dry, what gives

Post by avriette »

I am 90% sure it's the cheapass Icon gloves I have, but I find that my hands get really, really dry (like to the point of cracking) after long rides. This is not made better by having my hands inside hardware all day, pushing on little plastic fasteners and shit like that (and frantically running Purell on my hands to get userplague off my hands after being at their desks).

(insert appropriate lisp here)I use lotion as much as I can, but my hands never seem to improve!! what can I do to fix this??
rocket scientist
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: hands dry, what gives

Post by complacent »

I've found that work is harder on the hands than gloves and wind are.

That being said, I keep lotion everywhere. Work, Home, backpack.

If I make a fist too quickly in the wintertime, my knuckles crack and bleed. Owwie.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i too make sure to lube and purell it up on a consistent basis, especially after having to touch peoples keyboards and blackberries and/or go crawling under their desks.

can't speak about after a bike ride though, as my 12-speed doesn't get enough mph to warrant wind damage to my skin. ;)
-Ben
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

chicken n waffles wrote: can't speak about after a bike ride though, as my 12-speed doesn't get enough mph to warrant wind damage to my skin. ;)

Ahhhhhh yeeeahhhhh, one down, eleven up, baybeeee...
rocket scientist
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

COCOA BUTTER! Lots and lots of cocoa butter. None of that "cocoa butter lotion" nonsense either. If you buy cocoa butter lotion, kill yourself.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Libra Monkee wrote:COCOA BUTTER! Lots and lots of cocoa butter. None of that "cocoa butter lotion" nonsense either. If you buy cocoa butter lotion, kill yourself.

Good god, calm down man. I hereby join your strict Cocoa Butter ONLY faction.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Libra Monkee wrote:COCOA BUTTER! Lots and lots of cocoa butter. None of that "cocoa butter lotion" nonsense either. If you buy cocoa butter lotion, kill yourself.

Does "cocoa butter" have something to do with "chocolate love" or anything kinky like that??
rocket scientist
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:i too make sure to lube and purell it up on a consistent basis...
I think this is considered QUOTE worthy material, no? :lol:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

avriette wrote:Does "cocoa butter" have something to do with "chocolate love" or anything kinky like that??
Whoa! Way to have your mind in the gutter! :) But alas, no. It's just easy to acquire and lasts all day.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Libra Monkee wrote:
avriette wrote:Does "cocoa butter" have something to do with "chocolate love" or anything kinky like that??
no. It's just easy to acquire and lasts all day.
Just like chocolate love, eh...
rocket scientist
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

^^ I KNEW there was I reason I liked you. :lol:

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

oh hai guys just dropping in on this thread to see wha...... wha?..... oh god! ..... :puke:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

It got weird, didn't it... ;)

Two things for you:
- At night before you go to bed, coat your hands in vasoline and put socks on your hands. This does wonders for your feet too, but totally kills the love life. But it works!
- Try different hand creams out and see which one works best. I use Aveeno hand cream once to three times a day during the winter. If it gets really bad, I break out the [url=http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/gar4113.html]expensive stuff[url]. Everyone skin is different though, so the stuff that works for me might not work for you.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Sabre wrote:It got weird, didn't it... ;)

... vasoline and ... socks. This does wonders for your feet too, but totally kills the love life. But it works!
I bitched to my wife. She scheduled a manicure. I'll get the proper, uh, lubrication, my nails will get the motor oil out from under them, and my forearms will get the massage they desperately deserve from muscling 550 pounds of meat around between my legs.
rocket scientist
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

avriette wrote:my forearms will get the massage they desperately deserve from muscling 550 pounds of meat around between my legs.
:OMG:
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Sabre wrote: - At night before you go to bed, coat your hands in vasoline and put socks on your hands. This does wonders for your feet too, but totally kills the love life. But it works!
You have vaseline covered hands..... Who needs a love life? :ugh:
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Cereb Daithi wrote:You have vaseline covered hands..... Who needs a love life? :ugh:
I am reminded of "Of Mice and Men" and no it doesn't have anything to do with the rabbits, George.