ZOMG WHITE! ZOMG JDM BLING!

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Idaho
I walk to work

ZOMG WHITE! ZOMG JDM BLING!

Post by Idaho »

Well, finally got the wheels i've been after for a long time even with a little JDM bling.

Ended up getting a nice set of BBS's painted white with the 22B center caps directly from Japan.

Yes, they need some touchups as the guy I bought them from does rally and had these on his second car he'd drive to rallys. So the paint has a number of chips from dirt roads. Anyways, already got a nice batch of STi White to do touch-ups with which will happen tomorrow. But wheels are in perfect shape condition wise with no curb rash at all.

So, Pictures

*Sorry for the extravagant title by the way as I found it would be amusing.

<----- Seriously..... wow I hate my state sometimes.
wrxSIN
Bicycle

Re: ZOMG WHITE! ZOMG JDM BLING!

Post by wrxSIN »

IDAHO! how you been man. looks good
ilike2startnewthreads

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Pretty! I like!

You went with a front mount? When did that happen? Did you get the bigger turbo as well?
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Nice! :D ...but they are going to be a @#$#% to keep clean.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

Well, honestly got the front mount bug to swap out to an 18g/VF48 down the road.. It's actually working quite well with minimum lag but the top end makes for it in my opinion.

Unfortunately the tuner I had out here gave me a re-tune that I ended up having some issues with. Car just wasn't feeling right compared to a guy I met here with a 98 RS w/wrx swap. I ended up working with the guy who tuned his car and it turned out much better. The second guy that helped with my tune actually does rally down here in the SW area and has two sweet RS's with JDM everywhere. Anyways, apparently he was talking with some of the Prodrive guys who came out here for a rally a while ago, and they were talking about when they were tuning the 2.0l's on their cars that they found timing was a much better HP increase over boost. So got everything worked out now with this guys help on my timing map and the car is running quite well now with the front mount.

Lets just say the previous tune was pulling anywhere from 2 to 6 degrees of timing from 2000 to redline on a third gear pull :notcool:

Oh, on a side note, the FMIC is the Perrin Signature Series. Still running that 40T turbo which is working quite well with it I think. Changed the height as well with some STi pink wagon springs. Seriously contemplating putting WRX fenders and a bumper on to complete the STi front look.
<----- Seriously..... wow I hate my state sometimes.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

they look great. how difficult are they to keep clean? :shock:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Nice shots man, car looks great! :ya:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Car looks AWESOME! I've never seen the Blue/White combo, but it's very nice!

Glad to hear you have the tuning squared away too. There are a ton of methodologies for tuning. Some good, some not so good. You can definitely feel the difference though!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.