2004 Audi A8 ... for $27K?!

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

2004 Audi A8 ... for $27K?!

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Okay, so it's not a 'private' sale and it's not even mine (nor from anyone I know) but I thought I'd point out some great deals that can be had on luxury cars right now.

According to this AutoBlog post, ...
The National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) is reporting that premium luxury vehicles actually have the highest annual depreciation rate. The reason for the stone-dropping value is that luxury car buyers tend to want the latest and greatest. The preference for the next big thing leads to owners turning in their current cars faster than people who will drive a Taurus until its wheels fall off.
And because of that quick depreciation, a regular Joe like you or I can snatch up a high-dollar ride like a Jag or BMW 7-series for (relatively) cheap. Case in point: Link to CarMax listing - 2004 Audi A8 with 55K miles on it for $26,998.

I don't know about you but that a pretty great price for a top-of-the-line luxury car that's not even five years old yet.

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2004 Audi A8 ... for $27K?!

Post by Sabre »

Even better is that most of the people that can afford these cars new take VERY good care of them and never race them. :twisted: BUT WE CAN CHANGE THAT! :twisted:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

But do you really want to pay the premium insurance rate for them (well, I guess if you already own an STi around here, it can't be too off from that insanity) and pay the crazy upkeep/maintenance price...especially after the factory warranty is long gone (which most people sell their Audis off just for that reason alone)?

I do love me a good A8 or S8 audi and that is a super good price on an A8, though :D
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

sirwilliam wrote:But do you really want to pay the premium insurance rate for them (well, I guess if you already own an STi around here, it can't be too off from that insanity) and pay the crazy upkeep/maintenance price...especially after the factory warranty is long gone (which most people sell their Audis off just for that reason alone)?
if it's an audi r8, hell to the yes

if i could swing that i'd drop my subie addiction in a heartbeat.

i hope my sti didn't hear me say that.
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:But do you really want to pay the premium insurance rate for them (well, I guess if you already own an STi around here, it can't be too off from that insanity) and pay the crazy upkeep/maintenance price...especially after the factory warranty is long gone (which most people sell their Audis off just for that reason alone)?
if it's an audi r8, hell to the yes

if i could swing that i'd drop my subie addiction in a heartbeat.

i hope my sti didn't hear me say that.
If I could get the R8 for $27k and it only be four years old...then sure. :lol: If brand new, I would rather have a GT-R for less $$$$$. The R8 is a beautiful car, though...just very $$$$$.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

You won't find a GT-R for less than 90K, guaranteed and ... you won't find one period since they are making about... jack sh*t.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

you won't want a used GTR if it's priced low enough to afford it. :rolllaugh:
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

yeah they are upping prices for the gtr talked to on of the local nissan dealerships t hey want about 84 grandpersonally i would just get a zo6 at 70 grand if i had the money