the Bloody Hollies 9/30 @ Warehouse

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

the Bloody Hollies 9/30 @ Warehouse

Post by Mr Kleen »

Bloody Hollies
September 30
The Warehouse Next Door
1017 7th St. NW
Washington, DC

http://www.bloodyhollies.com/

I saw these guys at a show in Lexington 2 years ago. I was back for Christmas and somebody at the University of Kentucky thought it would be great to book them to play a dance studio (?) during Christmas break (??). long story short: the 5 of us were the only people who showed up but the Hollies rocked like there was a crowd of 500! we hung out with them before the show and they were hella-cool cats. so good that the same couple who turned me on to them might just drive out here to see this show.
I'll be there. :nana:
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

OK, so far it's just me, myself and I attending this show. it's an all ages show so I could really use some adult supervision here. anybody?... [/crickets]
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

sorry man, you already know my plans... :(

and sel even liked them... there's just so many bands to see around here.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

It's been like forever (3 weeks!) since I saw a live show. I'm a maybe, let me look tonight.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

bluscooby23 wrote:sorry man, you already know my plans... :(

and sel even liked them... there's just so many bands to see around here.
of course she did, they're a cool band and she's a cool chick!

I guess it's a good thing that there are so many music choices on the same night. I know that you would be out if not for the pre-paid tickets. (and don't worry, I won't tell anybody that you're passing up a hella-cool punk show to see Coldplay :wink: )
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm trying to get some guys from the office here to go. If there are no takers, maybe I'll meet up with you there or risk being a loaner.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Osiros had expressed some interest in going but I'm not sure if he is or not. I'll be flying solo, may try and take metro, not sure yet...
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I'm still a maybe on this, i've got a bunch of stuff to do at home this afternoon. What time are you heading there?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Warehouse has the show listed as "9:00" so I'll probably head that way around 8:30. there is an opening band but I'd like to catch up with the guys from Bloody Hollies for a minute before the show. there are 3 bands on the bill and BH are the middle band. might be an early night, or maybe head to another bar? I'm down for what ever as I don't have to worry about getting ready for the Bush Gardens trip the next morning. all I have to do is get with Colin to drop Betty off at AA and we all know Colin doesn't stir early on a Saturday. :lol:

and if anybody is up for dinner/drinks before the show let me know...
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

OK, I roped a guy in fom work to go.

I called up the warehouse and the guy said that the sets will be from 20-45 min each, depending on the band. Sounds like an early night for a Saturday.

We are thinking of metroing up there as the trains run late and I am doing the BG thing tomorrow.

This way, I can give money to Gabe and be a cheap bastard and not have to pay the PayPal fee!

Gabe, what the place like, large or small, cavernous or cozy, serve drinks...Enquiring minds want to know!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I've never been to the Warehouse before. it will suck if they only get 45 minutes! anybody up for dinner/drinks before? maybe someplace in DC? I don't know the area so I'm of no help at all... :?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

My guy from work has some things he has to do before heading out, don't know how long that will take him. I'll know late on near end of work.

Gabe, you got your ears on (cell)?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

zaxrex wrote:Gabe, you got your ears on (cell)?
yeah, but remember they're NEXTEL ears... :roll: