Tuning Results with Dyno Sheets for those interested

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Idaho
I walk to work

Tuning Results with Dyno Sheets for those interested

Post by Idaho »

Copied From my NASIOC post:

First off, I just wanted to say that my experience with P-Tuning was EXCELLENT! They have AMAZING customer service and I was involved in the tuning process the whole way. Everything was explained in great detail to me and every question was answered fully!

Yes, there was one small hiccup. A rare fluke in which my ECU decided to say "i'm done" and wouldn't read or write after it had been writing all day. P-Tuning was awesome though, the covered the cost of the new ECU as well as even got me a rental car!!!

I can't even say enough about their tuner! Toan (pronounced "Twan") is GREAT for tuning even though this was his first wrx open source tune. His attention to detail was unbelievable as both days I was there it was very apparent that nothing was going to make him happy unless it was a close to perfect as he could get it. Any question I had about anything, he had a full and competent answer for. He explained everything to me he was trying to do with the car so I had a full understanding of what was going on. Also there was no problem with me standing right outside the dyno booth looking in and watching every single pull.

Hopefully other WRX owners can have confidence now to bring their cars to P-Tuning for any work and tuning. On these boards and on others, I have heard nothing but great praise about them and now I know why, they truly deserve it!

Well here they are, the dyno sheets! I would HIGHLY suggest that anyone else interested at all in open source tuning or UTEC seriously consider P-Tuning for their tune and dyno runs! They were able to get good solid power out of my car and keep everything extremely safe for daily driving. They don't settle for just good, they want great just like you do!

I ended with 243 whp / 241 torque. Great numbers for that dyno which everyone knows reads low compared to every other. Sorry they are sideways, I didn't have too much time to mess with them last night when I scanned them.

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Glad to hear it man. PTuning is a very impressive group.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

My interaction with them so far has been limited to discussions at the RedLine Time Attack last year, but even then (with no money on the table so to speak) they were more than happy to answer all my questions, tell me what they had done with the car (the white tC that Ross drove), offers to stop by any time, etc. Very cool cats.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

glad everything turned out well. your post is further reinforcement as to why they're a great and highly recommended shop. they definitely take the time to do things right, make the customer feel involved and informed, and do a wonderful, honest job. :thumbs up:
-Ben
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

^^^^^ Looks like your Hip to Be Square Ben... 8)
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

Idaho wrote:^^^^^ Looks like your Hip to Be Square Ben... 8)
*you're

couldn't help myself. apologies. don't get offended like this douchebag did.
-Ben
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Grats idaho, glad it all worked out!
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited