400hp GTI

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

400hp GTI

Post by avriette »

Mike Kentes, the service manager at Beyer Subaru in Alexandria today told me he bought an 08 rex. He currently has a newish (don't know the year) model VW GTI, with a supercharged VR6 which he says makes 400hp. I know he's had it for a while (at least the three years or so we've been going there), and he likes the car a lot.

I don't know what he wants for it, but I think you can assume it's been well taken care of, and that he's probably correct about the power (because he's got his ASEs and stuff).

I told him I'd pass the word on. It's an FF, but it's an interesting one, and I know some of you are or know VW fans. My personal opinion is the VR6 is a great motor, and the turbocharged ones are absolute beasts. I haven't seen one of the supercharged ones.

The reason he's selling is he wanted a car that handles better, and I think he was just ready for something new and shiny. You can bet he will be back-fitting the STI stuff onto his rex. :)

If you're interested, just call Don Beyer and ask for Mike Kentes in service.
rocket scientist
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I've met Mike a couple of times and talked to him. He definitely knows his stuff and I'm sur the car is in good shape.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

I'll drop a line to a buddy of mine. He's crazy about VW.. buys one like every year...