Cold air intake

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

boomee
Tricycle

Cold air intake

Post by boomee »

looking for a CAI (kudos if it is SPT) for the XT (04 ) not really doing th mod to gain a lot a horspower i just like the way it sounds any way if anyone has any let me know we will work someting out
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Only CAI I have is an APS 70mm one. You have to be insane to want that one and not want blow-up engine.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Boomee,

There have been many used ones for sale on nabisco and iwsti.com...I am surprised you didn't pick one up already. You want me to keep an eye out for you and call you? I am saying this b/c you usually don't see posts or check PMs too frequently.
zaxrex wrote:Only CAI I have is an APS 70mm one. You have to be insane to want that one and not want blow-up engine.
You tune for it then engine no blowey-uppey!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

sorry havent been hunting latley ill check the other forums
i did post in nasioc Mid atlantic since i am looking locally
Last edited by boomee on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boomee
Tricycle

cai

Post by boomee »

zaxrex wrote:Only CAI I have is an APS 70mm one. You have to be insane to want that one and not want blow-up engine.
why would it blow up the engine? i am jsut curious so i dont make a mistake when i get a CAI
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

keep a look out will
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: cai

Post by Sabre »

boomee wrote:
why would it blow up the engine? i am jsut curious so i dont make a mistake when i get a CAI
That is a VERY large intake that will make you run very lean (trust me, if you buy one off IWSTI or NABISCO you won't have to worry). lean=boom
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, the stock diameter is 65. The 70 unit was put up for people who were hitting the 5V limit on the MAF. This is a must tune for power unit... So why do I have it?!?!?!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: cai

Post by drwrx »

boomee wrote:why would it blow up the engine? i am jsut curious so i dont make a mistake when i get a CAI
The APS 70mm CAI requires a MAF recaibration to work w/o creating a lean condition. You can also tune entirely by MAP and a wideband o2 sensor. However, this is an involved and tedious process that few would likely want to do. Will the 70mm CAI add power? You bet! Can you just bolt-on and go? Absolutely NOT!
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

zaxrex wrote:...So why do I have it?!?!?!
For that built motor, stand-alone EM, track burning, project car!

...comming soon
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

well since i am looking for bolt and go i will keep that in mind now if you all see anything also let me know thanks
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

boomee wrote:well since i am looking for bolt and go i will keep that in mind now if you all see anything also let me know thanks
Prodrive CAI or the APS 65mm CAI are pretty much your only two choices. I know you can find one of these two on one of the forums...I think a guy on sf.org is selling his prodrive.

NOTE: I don't trust Injen, AEM, or any other joe-schmoe company as far as the design and maf mounting location.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

BOOMEE! CHECK YOUR SF.ORG PMS! I FOUND YOU ONE!

boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

still looking guys the deal i ahd with someone fell through since i needed a week to get the money together
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Stick with the stock intake or a short ram. You don't need or want a CAI.

My 2 cents.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited