"Spotted" cards

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

"Spotted" cards

Post by Mr Kleen »

I was showing the new exhaust to a couple guys at work yesterday when this guy walks up and asks what brand I had. he said he had an STi and he knew right away that it was a Subaru from the sound and tracked me to the alley I as parked in. he was in a hurry, but I handed him a "Spotted" card. who knows, maybe he'll stop by...
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Damnit, I really need to get my hands on some of these... Julian, can you bring some to teh happy hour thing on Thurs? I ran into 3 different STi's when I was over at Ft. Belvoir yesterday. I know I could spread some love around the area.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I have them in my glove compartment, so just ask since I'll never remember. I've handed out a couple already :) At this pace though, I'll have to order more soon! I have 80% of them away to other DCAWD'ers already!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Wow! No one's posted here since '05?!

Well I just slapped together some spotted cards that I have every intention on using as soon as I get me lazy ass out to Staples to buy some business card paper. Unless, of course I can find somewhere that will print them out for cheap.

Anyhooter, this is the template I'm using feel free to modify it to suit yourself.

P.S. I know this is an "All Wheel Drive" club. I just used the Subaru logo because I have a Subaru. Plus, I wanted a picture to stick in the background. :D However, if it's too misleading (or there's some legal precedent that might get me sued), I'll take it out with the quickness.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Even if the person has a non-Subaru, the card will not deter them, since you are placing the card there to invite the person.

That sentence isn't formulated well, but I'm tired.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Just a quick note to say that I modified a few lines on the card.
1)A very brief description of DCAWD.
2)Pointing recipient to the main page and not the forums.

Also, if for whatever reason someone else is going to use this template. Note that I used the 'Avery Standard 5371 Business Card' format for if and when you go to print them out.

That is all.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

It's gotta be better than the large red X with "YOU'RE NEXT" below it that I've been leaving.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Nice work Chuck :) We're going to be having official cards come out soon too.... I swear, there are some lazy admins around here.... :shock:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

O RLY? I hadn't noticed. They seem to be the model of efficiency to me. :roll:

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

hey hey hey! we've got a reputation, errr, i mean an ideal, errrr, i mean a work ethic, errr....

*hangs head*

*walks away, head down*
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz