WTB new car. Looking for experienced opinions.

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

scheherazade
DCAWD Groupie

Post by scheherazade »

The wheel also re-centers really fast.
If I'm in a turn, I can't let go and re-place my hands like in my honda.
It needs unbroken attention the whole time.

I actually made myself stop using cruise control in my honda for the last few weeks to see what it's like again. I'm pretty much ok with it, for now. I'll see what my tolerance is on my first longer drive.

For now I'm driving it granny style. It's a lot to take in at once. I want to get totally used to it before I start playing around with it.

complacent << I would agree with that scenario...

-scheherazade
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

scheherazade wrote:For now I'm driving it granny style. It's a lot to take in at once. I want to get totally used to it before I start playing around with it.
Very glad to hear this. Get to know the car and drive it to it's limits before you change it.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
scheherazade
DCAWD Groupie

Post by scheherazade »

Sabre wrote:Very glad to hear this. Get to know the car and drive it to it's limits before you change it.
I've considered letting the exhaust rust some more and then replacing it with something stainless. But that's mostly cause I don't like looking at rusty stuff when I look under the hood or underneath the body.

Speed and power wise, I've got pleanty more than I've used. When I get used to the gear ratios, what rpm/gear to select at what speed, etc. I'll get way more performance out of what I have now.

-scheherazade
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

^ now THAT'S a refreshing attitude :lol:

might I suggest a NASA HPDE1? you'll be glad you did. :wink:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Mr Kleen wrote:^ now THAT'S a refreshing attitude :lol:

might I suggest a NASA HPDE1? you'll be glad you did. :wink:
:plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone:

(you get my point...)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz