STI Injector install

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

STI Injector install

Post by Phibs »

Can anyone recommend a good article/link on STI injector installs?
(And the Walbro fuel pump)
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Short but sweet:
- Save your old map
- Flash you new map. If you new map does not flash: STOP NOW.
- Remove the plastic brackets that are above the injectors. There should be two bolts IIRC.
- Pull the green plug (the fuel pump) from the passanger side foot well.
- Turn the car over 8-10 times or until it stops trying to start (This gets all of the fuel out of the lines)
- Pull the electrical clip free from the injector.
- Loosen the screw that holds the injector in place and pull the bracket to the side (The bracket will not come off normally, but if it does, just put it to the side. It normally just swings to the side.)
- Pull the injector straight out (This could take some force! There will be some gas left in it)
- Put oil around the o-rings of the new injector
- Put the new injector in till it is seated properly. I used a 2x4 to get enough force on it :) Normally it makes a "pop" sound.
- Put the electrical connector back on the injector.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy.
- Start the car.
- Check for any fuel leaks around the injector. If there are leaks, you probably have a bad o-ring or you tore it. Remove it and replace.

Notes:
- Put the highest flowing injector (if you had them flow tested) in #4, aka the one back by the turbo.
- You can try to get the plastic bracket back on... but it's not necessary and I've run my car w/o it for close to 45k.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Sabre wrote:Short but sweet:
- Save your old map
- Flash you new map. If you new map does not flash: STOP NOW.
- Remove the plastic brackets that are above the injectors. There should be two bolts IIRC.
- Pull the green plug (the fuel pump) from the passanger side foot well.
- Turn the car over 8-10 times or until it stops trying to start (This gets all of the fuel out of the lines)
- Pull the electrical clip free from the injector.
- Loosen the screw that holds the injector in place and pull the bracket to the side (The bracket will not come off normally, but if it does, just put it to the side. It normally just swings to the side.)
- Pull the injector straight out (This could take some force! There will be some gas left in it)
- Put oil around the o-rings of the new injector
- Put the new injector in till it is seated properly. I used a 2x4 to get enough force on it :) Normally it makes a "pop" sound.
- Put the electrical connector back on the injector.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy.
- Start the car.
- Check for any fuel leaks around the injector. If there are leaks, you probably have a bad o-ring or you tore it. Remove it and replace.

Notes:
- Put the highest flowing injector (if you had them flow tested) in #4, aka the one back by the turbo.
- You can try to get the plastic bracket back on... but it's not necessary and I've run my car w/o it for close to 45k.
Thanks! Did not flow test, they are brand new from PE.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited