How's it going? I'm new here.

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

midnit
Unicycle

How's it going? I'm new here.

Post by midnit »

Hey everyone, figured I would say hello and try to get to know some people around the area. Name's Greg and I just turned 22 last week. I'm a full time graphics designer/flash developer and love what I do!

Have been in love with the WRX style since before I even started driving and just recently picked up my pre-approval check for my next car! I've been shopping around for the perfect STI for about a week now, hoping to get into an Aspen White 05-07 STI with relatively low mileage soon! Currently trying to sell my 03 SI hatchback to pay off a little bit of debt first before I make the purchase of the STI though.

I've been lurking around on IWSTI and NASIOC since February of this year, and that's where I believe I heard about DCAWD.

Anywho, just figured I would say hello to everyone and get my name out there. I live in Fairfax, VA, but I love driving and will probably hit up every meet I can make it to in the area, as long as I know about it! With my other car community I drove up to NJ/PA/MD/whatever quite frequently to hang out with friends, attend meets, and just get out there on the road ya know...

Here's a picture of my current baby, she'll be going to a new home sometime soon and then it's time for AWD!

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

Welcome and the car looks NICE! SPECS or it doesn't exist!
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Welcome to the boards Midnit! Very nice looking ride you have there!

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone selling a white STI, but I'll keep my eyes open for one!

Our next meet is this Monday at Dave and Busters in Bethesda. It's usually a good crowd, so feel free to come join!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
gsx-lex
DCAWD Groupie

Post by gsx-lex »

Welcome! This is a great bunch of guys (and Gals)!
Have turbo, will spool.
I <3 Lesbians
midnit
Unicycle

Post by midnit »

Phibs wrote:Welcome and the car looks NICE! SPECS or it doesn't exist!
Ahaha, it's actually almost back to stock now minus the JDM HID Projectors, the Gram lights, and some suspension work (coilovers, brake upgrade, sway bars)... Once upon a time, I had a 2004 Acura TSX engine (k24a2) in the little hatchie (see avatar), dyno tuned at 208whp and 171wtq. But I've since reverted back to stock to sell the car.

Dyno sheet here:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139 ... notune.jpg

Tuned by James Evans at JE Import Performance.

I've only ever raced the car once and that was back in August, my EP community rented out MIR for the day. I was nervous every single time, but my best was a 14.7 (it's a daily driven civic, oh well!)

Slip here:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139 ... me_MIR.jpg

Anyways, I've always wanted an STI, so now that I can afford one, it's time to stop wasting money on my honda and get into the Suby game.
Sabre wrote:Welcome to the boards Midnit! Very nice looking ride you have there!

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone selling a white STI, but I'll keep my eyes open for one!

Our next meet is this Monday at Dave and Busters in Bethesda. It's usually a good crowd, so feel free to come join!
What time are you all doing the D&B thing? I'm supposed to be checking out this White 06 STI near DC at 7pm on Monday... Not sure how interested I am yet though, but it isn't very modded which is a plus.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

The SI it not a bad ride though, can't really knock it. However that being said, Welcome to the club. You will NOT be disappointed with the STI :) If I don't find a job in 6 months I might be selling mine haha.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
midnit
Unicycle

Post by midnit »

I'm not so much knocking the car, as professing my love for the WRX. I've wanted once since before I even got my permit when I was 15, haha.

It's time for me to make the switch from FWD to AWD.

That being said, I was thinking about checking this guy's car out next weekend... I wanted to buy a relatively stock, low mileage 05-06 white STI. This fits the bill, minus the Crawford S2 block of course. :)

2005 Aspen White STI w/ 17,xxx miles.

Looks pretty clean!
06STIffy
Unicycle

Post by 06STIffy »

HI HI HI HI HI I have a problem with my mind HI :shock:
Stickin Feathers in your Butt does not make you a chicken!

Dale

08 WRB STI
with SRI and lovin it
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

nice Honda! my last car was a 2000 Si and I loved her till they stole her... :(

welcome to the club.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Welcome to the club. I used to have a beater of a EF civic w/ a b16 and it was the cats ass. My wife also has a six speed 06 TSX. That sounds like an interesting swap. But you would have had to play w/ the ivtec cause my wifes is a hog until the cam change and that only lasts for like 800 rpms.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Welcome and nice clean car! :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Welcome! Hondas are like legos... how big do you want to build it? 8)

You'll love teh STi.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

midnit wrote:Dyno sheet here:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139 ... notune.jpg
What time are you all doing the D&B thing? I'm supposed to be checking out this White 06 STI near DC at 7pm on Monday... Not sure how interested I am yet though, but it isn't very modded which is a plus.
Dear god look at that torque curve! I rally need to get into a Honda with some work done to feel what that is like. I'm use to our "hump" torque cruve which I'm sure feels much different!

The Dave and Busters thing does from 7ish to 10ish, so I'm sure you'll be able to make it. Just grab my phone number off of the D&B post. I can tell you if we're inside or outside.

Not very modded? Take a look at this:
The car has a Crawford S2 block, everything else is stock down to the filter and exhaust. Was planning to do a GT35r setup but need to get rid of the car!
That's a brand new short block in that motor.... a pretty big mod really! I'm guessing he blew the previous one and then put this in and couldn't afford it :( It will be a VERY nice motor to start from, that's for sure!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
midnit
Unicycle

Post by midnit »

Sabre wrote: Not very modded? Take a look at this:
The car has a Crawford S2 block, everything else is stock down to the filter and exhaust. Was planning to do a GT35r setup but need to get rid of the car!
That's a brand new short block in that motor.... a pretty big mod really! I'm guessing he blew the previous one and then put this in and couldn't afford it :( It will be a VERY nice motor to start from, that's for sure!
Yeah, I meant as an overall list, that's the only thing done to the car, albeit a considerably large mod.

I'm hoping that blowing the stock block is the worst case scenario... He told me that the old block was fine and that he was going with a gt35r build-up and wanted to start right with a block built for 400+whp. He decided to change his mind on the turbo build and focus on his 1993 domestic or whatever.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Whoa I feel I'm late to the party. Anyhow, welcome! Glad to hear you're getting rid of the Honda for a REAL car. :D

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Welcome aboard! As SirWilliam said: That's a really clean lookin' Si you got there. Sorry to say but you'll probably be missing the nice and smooth shifter once you get the STi. But then again, with the added power and AWD, you may not.

See you this Monday!

--Alan
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Welcome! I like the Si, it's cleeeaan!
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Welcome, hope to see you at one of the upcoming meets. With a new baby in tow.

If you've never driven an STi before, it may take a while to adjust to the radically different power delivery vs. the Si.

Si: all the power is above 5,000 RPMs. (gotta love VTEC)
STi: all the power is below 6,500 RPMs. (gotta love AVCS)
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

welcome.

ass-pen white sti's ftw.
-Ben
midnit
Unicycle

Post by midnit »

Thanks everyone, just got the SI professionally detailed while I was at work today (so it's even cleaner than before, if that's at all possible, haha!) And hopefully it'll sell this weekend or next.
drwrx wrote:If you've never driven an STi before, it may take a while to adjust to the radically different power delivery vs. the Si.

Si: all the power is above 5,000 RPMs. (gotta love VTEC)
STi: all the power is below 6,500 RPMs. (gotta love AVCS)
I've only driven an STI once and fell in love. A friend of mine from the area used to have an 05 black w/ a few mods. Springs, intake, defi clock pod, etc.

That was last year sometime, he doesn't have it anymore, and I've pretty much forgotten what it was like exactly, just that it was fun. :D
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

ass-pen white in the housee!!!!!
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

welcome. what they said AWFTMFW!!
bbyevochick
I'm a n000b

Post by bbyevochick »

welcome. happy belated birthday.
midnit
Unicycle

Post by midnit »

Haha, thank you very much!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

midnit wrote:I've only driven an STI once and fell in love. A friend of mine from the area used to have an 05 black w/ a few mods. Springs, intake, defi clock pod, etc.
I usually offer rides to those that are looking to get into one. D&B meets the only thing you're going to feel is what a modded STI can do... but at the ?Vinny's meet's, I can show off what they can do in corners :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI