valeo wiper blades

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

chicken n waffles

valeo wiper blades

Post by chicken n waffles »

suck.

no really. they're awful.

i bought a set during one of their discounts mentioned on here (i think?) after reading about how great they supposedly are. about a month into their lives, the driver's side blade started streaking pretty badly. i got out, cleaned it with one of those wiper blade treatment pads i received from 303 aerospace cleaning products. didn't do much good. so i lived with it for a few more months.

then about a month ago i bought another set, thinking that i had just bought a defective set prior. THESE blades began streaking IMMEDIATELY... like... the VERY FIRST TIME I USED THEM. it's so bad that i almost prefer to drive in the rain without them running. the streaks/smears practically blind me in heavy rain conditions.

conclusion: f*** valeo. i'm going back to the cheap s*** at autozone, which never smeared like this (at least... not for 7 or 8 months).
Last edited by chicken n waffles on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ben
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Now that's really strange since the two sets I've owned (and the set on Christy's car) have been perfect. Combine them with Rain-X and it's like your very own little Moses parting the rain for you as you drive.

:shrug:

Perhaps you got the sub-standard Chinese knock-offs? ;)

--Alan
Last edited by WRXWagon2112 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

lol, i bought the same valeo-name-brand crap the rest of you got!!! :eek:
Last edited by chicken n waffles on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

That sucks...I used the bosch aero blades and liked them...decided to grab a set of the Valeo's on sale as well. Never got a chance to put them on though...might still try it since I got them. I never heard anything bad on them before you. I use RainX as well.

Did you notice a chicken hanging by a string w/ it's throat slashed above some strange writing on the ground near your car prior to Valeo installation? :lol:

...for those that didn't pick up on that last part...I was hinting at there being a curse on his car.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Now that's really strange since the two sets I've owned (and the set on Christy's car) have been perfect. Combine them with Rain-X and it's like your very own little Moses parting the rain for you as you drive.

:shrug:

Perhaps you got the sub-standard Chinese knock-offs? ;)

--Alan
:plusone:

No problems here, valeo ftw.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, I'm still on my first set (have a spare set downstairs) and Suzie has them as well. Been great for me!

Maybe you should stop fap'ing on your windshield? ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I got around to putting on my set for the Saab last week.

They seemed a bit flimsy. On use, they chattered around the window and made pretty loud screeching noises on the back swing.

I cleaned the windshield very well before I put them on and used some of those wiper blade prep pads before I installed them.

I wish I knew how these worked on Mein Battle Sedan. Next month maybe...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Wow this is like the first bad thing I've heard about those wipers. The only reason I haven't switched mine yet is because my stock ones still work so I didn't see the point.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."