I can has parking?

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

I can has parking?

Post by avriette »

I'd like to stash the Z somewhere I can do work on it. Katie's place was really tight, but holy cow, we got an engine swap done in there! My car (280ZXT) is not much bigger than her MSP (although the engine is a lot heavier).

I am really itching to get started. Help will be compensated with beer etc, and I am comfortable paying a reasonable monthly sum for parking. I just can't work on cars in my garage. Oh, and it can't be outside -- Z cars rust like nobody's business.
rocket scientist
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

I don't have any place for you. But its good to see someone w/ an old school Z. I took auto tech in my highschool for 3 years. Our instructor was diehard Datsun/Nissan. He had like 10 cars(most stashed at the school) like 240s w/ the 280z turbo motor and my fav was an 86ish maxima wagon swap with the 280z turbo w/ the 5 spd. So what are the plans for your Z.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:I don't have any place for you. But its good to see someone w/ an old school Z. I took auto tech in my highschool for 3 years. Our instructor was diehard Datsun/Nissan. He had like 10 cars(most stashed at the school) like 240s w/ the 280z turbo motor and my fav was an 86ish maxima wagon swap with the 280z turbo w/ the 5 spd. So what are the plans for your Z.
Mostly detailed. Basic idea, rip out that sheisty engine, stuff in one with a proper cylinder head, add a monstrous turbo, and go boost Supra style. I won't be happy until I'm at 600 to the ground. I can do all the work myself. I just need a goddamn place to do it. It would make a great winter project. Get all the guts out of the car, get a cage put in, get it painted, fab up a dash, get an EMS installed, fuel cell, and so on.

Talked to Phil about a Hydra, he thinks he would be fun.

I'm kind of leaning towards the 7A-GTE because nobody's done that in a Z, and busting 600hp out of a 1.8L is my idea of fun. That, and the blacktop motors on eBay are like $700. So get a wrecked Celica, get a cylinder head off ebay, and you're out like $1800 for the motor total. Run it till it pops, rebuild at will. :)
rocket scientist
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

avriette wrote: Talked to Phil about a Hydra, he thinks he would be fun.

I'm kind of leaning towards the 7A-GTE because nobody's done that in a Z, and busting 600hp out of a 1.8L is my idea of fun. That, and the blacktop motors on eBay are like $700. So get a wrecked Celica, get a cylinder head off ebay, and you're out like $1800 for the motor total. Run it till it pops, rebuild at will. :)
Will be interesting seeing the Hydra control a 11krpm motor!

I can't imagine what that thing is going to sound like!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

I love that sound from the nissan straight sixes. I still talk to my old teacher every know and again. He has a red 240z w/ the 280 swap and a t3/4 hybrid turbo, a buick grand national intercooler, meth, and all the rest of the bolts ons. Its sick and any time he pos a motor he swaps a new one in the next day.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:I love that sound from the nissan straight sixes. I still talk to my old teacher every know and again. He has a red 240z w/ the 280 swap and a t3/4 hybrid turbo, a buick grand national intercooler, meth, and all the rest of the bolts ons. Its sick and any time he pos a motor he swaps a new one in the next day.
They are abundant, this is true. I was making anywhere from 300 up to about 450 when my last engine popped. The engine currently in the car is #4, but it never took more than a day to find another donor.

I just gotta get away from all that old tech. Have you seen the fuel injection on those fuckers? It's like a fucking salvador dali painting. Hideous.
rocket scientist