Toyo Proxes 4 -VS- Nexen n7000

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Toyo Proxes 4 -VS- Nexen n7000

Post by sirwilliam »

Need input, please! THanks!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I'm not familiar with the Nexen N7000 at all. However, I am familiar with the Toyo Proxes 4 and am not that impressed. They are decent but are by no means a great tire. There are others in that class that I feel are better and possibly cheaper.

Kuhmo ASX (probably the best bang for the buck UHPAS tire out there)

Falken Ziex Ze 912 (an improved 512!, what's not to love!)

General Exclaim UHP (a decent UHP summer tire with a M&S rating, it gotten rave reviews)

Avon Tech M550 A/S (second only to the P-Zero Nero on the Tire Rack's best UHPAS test)
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Yeah, I can get the ZE-912 for pretty cheap. I think that will be my next tire.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
BryanH
Unicycle

Post by BryanH »

I had the 512...and if you liked it you are on crack. They might have been the squishy-est tire I have ever driven. As a winter tire it might be OK but it is nowhere near the Toyo Proxes4. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the older model that the Proxes4 replaced?

The 912 looks much more promising and from my discussion with a guy that owns a set they are much less marshmallow like.

And I also had the Pirelli and it was a very decent tire until it snowed....and then it scared the hell out of me. Please don't get that thing unless you have a set of snow tires.

The Kumho was a very decent tire. Noisy after a few miles but decent.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

BryanH wrote:The Kumho was a very decent tire. Noisy after a few miles but decent.
People call me crazy but so far my fav tire has been the Kuhmo Ectasa 712. Didn't last more than 9/k miles, but I punished them and had a blast doing it.
I've had the Falken Azenis, Neo Zero, and Toyo something or other, but with the exception of the Hoosier slicks and the Blizzak winter tires, I have never been so happy or impressed with such a cheap tire.

I hear the ASX is the next gen of the 712, but I have not tried them.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears