TURBO SMART BOV

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

bdub
Bicycle

TURBO SMART BOV

Post by bdub »

i know this isn't a great mod....my car is running like crap and from all the other forums i found out my car is most likely running "lean" now if i go ahead and replace with the origanal part will it sovle the problem or will i need to do a re tune?
+ward!
2007 OBP sti
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

A BOV will only really do things when you are on boost, or just getting off boost. Mostly the latter, as it was designed for that function.

The only time the BOV would change your AFR (mixture) is when you are shifting, then it would richen up the mixture as the BOV is probably not recirculating the charge back into the intake.

This would help solve your problem with running rich if you shifted 80% of the time the engine was running.

Without a list of mods that you have on your car, it is pretty hard to diagnose what is going on, it may not be running lean...

Best bet is to get an OBD-II scanner and check to see what your O2 sensors are reading. If they are reading lean, then address with a retune, or return to stock with respect to the intake (if you went aftermarket).

There will be some pretty smart guys at the meet Monday up in MD. I know some from down here don't like driving there, but you can meet some cool peeps and they might be able to help diagnose your problem in person.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears