Accessport V1 vs V2

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Now you need to put a downpipe on that wagon and step up to stage 2!

Note post here:
http://forums.dcawd.com/viewtopic.php?t=5063
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

I'd been reading up on that also. I'm not 100% sure what i'll do next but on my budget its not much.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Depending on what year WRX you have, the shorty down-pipe would be my recomendation. You can get an Oakos for $143 (I have that on my FXT) The sromung for $194, or the bosal for $224. The 06-07 WRX is an odd set-up, as it has a different down-pipe / mid-pipe than the 02-05 WRX.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

drwrx wrote:Depending on what year WRX you have, the shorty down-pipe would be my recomendation. You can get an Oakos for $143 (I have that on my FXT) The sromung for $194, or the bosal for $224. The 06-07 WRX is an odd set-up, as it has a different down-pipe / mid-pipe than the 02-05 WRX.
Hmm, I know that the Helix full length DPs (replace the stock DP + MP) fit '02+ WRXs but wasn't aware that they had changed the size/length of the shorty stock DP and MP? So you are saying just the shorty DPs don't fit the Pre '08 2.5L WRXs? Are you sure about this?
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

sirwilliam wrote:Hmm, I know that the Helix full length DPs (replace the stock DP + MP) fit '02+ WRXs but wasn't aware that they had changed the size/length of the shorty stock DP and MP? So you are saying just the shorty DPs don't fit the Pre '08 2.5L WRXs? Are you sure about this?
Sadly, from everything i've read yes, the 06-07 WRXs have a different down-pipe / cat mid-pipe set-up. I'm not certain if it is a match to the Legacy GT downpipe (if it is, Stromung makes a shorty dp for the LGT).
06STIffy
Unicycle

Post by 06STIffy »

MadDad is a sexy Exhaust setup!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote:No, they should all come w/ the full STi package from the factory :wink: Glad you are enjoying stage 1.
lol, that's what they have the WRX STI for ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

STI's are lame. And wagons are super cool.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hater.... ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

I think your just hating on wagons!
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

No way, STIs are cool! Wagons are for mommies.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Got MILF?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Phibs wrote:No way, STIs are cool! Wagons are for mommies.
Watch it there pal! You wouldn't want some high performance wagon to have to show you what for.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

"well I'll be a mother :censor: "
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

There is plenty of room in the back of the wagon for me and a couple of STI owner's mommies!!!
:pimp: :bansex: :moon: :ohsnap:
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, I know a wagon that would kick an STI's butt pretty easily ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
06STIffy
Unicycle

Post by 06STIffy »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:There is plenty of room in the back of the wagon for me and a couple of STI owner's mommies!!!
:pimp: :bansex: :moon: :ohsnap:

You Need a Dump truck for my Mom. Trust ME, shes a BIG Girl :wiggle:
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

hahaha I started funs.
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Alright so what is up w/ the downpipes for the 06's? Are they different form previous models? And what is best divorced, belmouth, etc? Paging the good Dr.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

If you get a full length down-pipe that replaces both the the shorty down-pipe section as well as the mid cat-pipe section you will not have any problems with fitment on the 06. The problem lies "only" with replacing the "shorty" down-pipe and mid-cat-pipe sections. I have not seen whether or not they are the same as the Legacy GT set-up, but that would be my guess.

You could call Teagues auto ( 828-683-9218 www.boxer4racing.com) and ask if they know whether or not the Stromung Legacy GT down-pipe will work. They may know, they may not. It's $229.

You could also grab a Helix catted downpipe for $329 from Gruppe-s (www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subex.htm) or Hop-up racing (http://hopupracing.com/downpipeuppipe.html) they also have a Titek catted down-pipe for $359 if you don't like Helix.

Or, buy a cheap ebay down-pipe for $80, and a high-flow 3" cat for $60, and have it welded in for about $90. You shoudl probably have them install it as well as they will want to do so to weld it in properly.

There has been much talk over what is better bellmouth, divorced, flat and nothing I have read would indicate that one is better than the other. I think you would have to be running some extremely high power levels to notice any differences. I'm running a full length bellmouth dp on my WRX and a flat flange shorty on my FXT. The choice is up to you.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

The only thing about the flange the worries me is folks talking about boost spike or boost creep. Its seems to be an issue with the wrx 2.5l engines.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:The only thing about the flange the worries me is folks talking about boost spike or boost creep. Its seems to be an issue with the wrx 2.5l engines.
Oh boy how to deal with this?

Boost creep is a rather complicated issue and while the down-pipe design does appear to be a mitigating factor you are very unlikely to experience high levels of boost creep on the standard stage 2 map on the AP. You are also unlikely to reach a level where your injectors would not be able to push enough gas to keep up with the stock TD04 turbo. The biggest problem really is for STi drivers (or 06 WRX owners who have done a turbo swap) who run high boost via a boost controler of some type. and are already maxing out the flow of the stock injectors.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Oh..............
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

One more question, does me having a HKS CBE change any of my choices for DPs? I don't think so but I could be wrong. After all most common sense performance upgrades need not apply to Subies!
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Do you know whether or not the HKS will bolt up to a flat-flange?
The stock subaru CBE uses a donut gasket. Some, like the SPT and Bosal will mate to both flat flanges and donuts. others only one or the other.