Accessport V1 vs V2

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Accessport V1 vs V2

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Alright it seems pretty hard to find info on the older V1 accessport. I found a well priced V1 and am wondering if I should pull the trigger. I am hoping someone can tell me the differences between the two. Also if the performance is better on the V2. Oh and how exactly can I tell if its unmarried? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

The differences between V1 and V2 is purely in the tuning interface. The V2 offers realtime logging and some more tuning features.

Other than that, they perform the same. It's purely a matter of features not performance. It's all in the tune.

Oh, the V2 flashes MUCH faster than the V1. The V1 can take minutes to reflash the ROM where as the V2 can do it in seconds.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

if you're like me when it comes to flashing your ecu (set and forget), and you strike me as the type, save your $ and buy an unmarried v1 ap.
-Ben
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

V2 sure is pretty, but V1 got the job done for me and you can find them used for cheap.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Mr Kleen wrote:V2 sure is pretty, but V1 got the job done for me and you can find them used for cheap.
Truf.

The main difference is logging, as well as flashing speed. (V2 is faster at writing the code to your ECU than the V1 is) Both are great product, both will serve you well.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

You know, using open source software with someone who can tune will be much cheaper... ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Thanks for all the feedback. So what should I pay for a used V1? And how can I tell if its unmarried?
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Used V1s go for about $350-$400 on the top end.

If your looking to go cheap, may I recommend:

http://www.plasmatize.com/xptstore/inde ... 7bc7d2d962
Stage 1 map for $52

http://www.tactrix.com/
Get a tectrix cable: $92 (you could also borrow mine if you ask nicely)

Download ECU Flash to your laptop, follow the instructions closely and reflash away.

Or, find a local tuner (AMS, PTuning, etc.) who works with ECU Flash and pay $300-$400 for a tune and reflash.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Alright I found a used AP V1 for $300. I think thats a good price. Hopefully I can get it this week. Then all I need to do is get myself a catted DP and I'm set. Well kinda anyways.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:Alright I found a used AP V1 for $300. I think thats a good price. Hopefully I can get it this week. Then all I need to do is get myself a catted DP and I'm set. Well kinda anyways.
$300 is a great deal! It'll give you a great foundation to build upon. I'd say jump on it!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

^^Yeah, $300 is a crazy good deal. See if you can find a used copy of StreetTuner while you are at it :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

"Street Tuner" ???
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:"Street Tuner" ???
do some reasearch, but don't worry about it for a while. you're just getting started in the Subaru game. :wink:

BTW: stage 1 is a nice improvement while you explore your exhaust options.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

^^^ So really what should I expect from Stage 1? Also I'm running an HKS Hiper catback. What kind of DP should I be looking for. This week I'll be sending in for my Florida plates so I don't have to worry about emissions. Should I go catted or not, and what about the actual flange. Ive heard bellmouth and divorced.... Any advice.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:^^^ So really what should I expect from Stage 1? Also I'm running an HKS Hiper catback. What kind of DP should I be looking for. This week I'll be sending in for my Florida plates so I don't have to worry about emissions. Should I go catted or not, and what about the actual flange. Ive heard bellmouth and divorced.... Any advice.
I would go w/ the bellmouth. Get it w/ a CAT and don't ever worry about emissions :wink:

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Gruppe-S sells the Helix catted down-pipe for $329.
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subex.htm
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

I've got a copy of Streetuner...make me an offer.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

drwrx wrote:Gruppe-S sells the Helix catted down-pipe for $329.
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subex.htm
Good choice. :wink:

Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Another question. Does the V1 have the map selecter stuff. Like the valet mode and gas mileage one?
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:Another question. Does the V1 have the map selecter stuff. Like the valet mode and gas mileage one?
That all comes free from the COBB website if it isn't already on the AP. Best to make sure you have the latest version of each OTS map anyways. :wink:

They are useful maps. I have never used either of those but did mention them to my wife in order to help get my first AP :wink:

Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

^^^ Yeah im getting it under the wife radar. I'm selling a few things to get the funds. Now just waiting on my intake sale. Then onto some stage 1 goodness. Hopefully the wife cant tell the ap is on the car.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

if she drives the car and she's attentive she "should" notice stage 1. :wink: only a slight bump in power, but all the power is much smoother and comes on a bit sooner. the WRX should have been stage 1 from the factory.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:^^^ Yeah im getting it under the wife radar. I'm selling a few things to get the funds. Now just waiting on my intake sale. Then onto some stage 1 goodness. Hopefully the wife cant tell the ap is on the car.
Just don't tell her. If she notices a change in power, just tell her the ECU is learning all the time :wink:

Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Well im officially flashed to stage 1. I must say I can definately feel the difference. Bosst response in first and second gear come on fast and hard. The car feels much smoother and the power is definately there. I agree that this is just the way it should have came from the factory.
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Bluestreak2006 wrote:Well im officially flashed to stage 1. I must say I can definately feel the difference. Bosst response in first and second gear come on fast and hard. The car feels much smoother and the power is definately there. I agree that this is just the way it should have came from the factory.
No, they should all come w/ the full STi package from the factory :wink: Glad you are enjoying stage 1.