Chevy Rev It Up 2007 Aug 10-11

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Libra Monkee

Chevy Rev It Up 2007 Aug 10-11

Post by Libra Monkee »

Want to autocross in some Cobalt SS's for a chance to win a Corvette?
revitup.com wrote:Welcome to Rev It Up 2007, presented by Chevrolet. As the world’s largest performance driving school and national racing competition, Rev It Up offers a full day of competition and fun geared toward the true automotive enthusiast.

Now in its fourth season, the Rev It Up concept is simple: we bring the Pro instructors, the helmets, the cars, the gas, the cones and the timing equipment. You bring your right foot.

And while the ultimate goal is to find the fastest driver – with the National Champion driving home in a brand new 430-horsepower 2008 Chevrolet Corvette – drivers of all skill levels and experience are welcome to join in.

There are four skill level classes, surprisingly patient instructors and plenty of opportunities to learn, practice, compete and hopefully go home a little smoother through the corners, a little faster on the entrance ramp and a lot more knowledgeable about car control.

For 2007, we’ve lowered the competitor fee to just $25 – but space is limited so we can guarantee everyone gets plenty of seat time in our specially prepared Chevy Cobalt SS racing coupes.
Also new for 2007 – the Corvette Shootout! If you’re fast enough in the Cobalts during the day, you’ll be eligible to compete in our special Corvette Shootout that night. The Shootout determines the Rev It Up 2007™ Event Championship, as well as the eventual winner of the 2008 Corvette!

Competitors who post the top times/scores of the day (10 Friday, 25 Saturday) qualify to run against the day’s other top drivers in 400-horsepower Corvettes. Same course as the Cobalts, but at night. Two laps per driver (after our pro sets the course index). The top score from each weekend’s Corvette Shootouts wins a 2-day Bondurant racing school, a PRS custom guitar and becomes eligible to become Rev It Up 2007™ National Champion. The hottest Rev It Up™ action comes out after dark!

We’ve also added a whole festival of activities for competitors and spectators alike – including a special Corvette Performance Course with unlimited laps in – what else – Corvettes. There’s also a Chevy Performance Course where you can test drive the latest high performance Chevy SS vehicles, an Enduro Kart track, rides with professional racers in the 505-horsepower 2007 Corvette Z06, food, music and much, much more!

Admission is free to Rev It Up 2007, including most of the non-competition driving activities (additional charge for Enduro Karts and the Corvette Z06 Time Attack).
I think this sounds like a good idea. I'm signing up. I'll let you know what group I'm in once I'm done.

Rev It Up

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

$25 to drive a Corvette and ride alongs in a Z06? I'm down with that. let me know what time you sign up for.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

I'm signed up in Group 15 on Saturday.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Registration Status: CONFIRMED
8)
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

I just signed up for #9 on Saturday.
My Name is Adam.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Shawn and I are in the first group on Sat. before course set-up for the Sunday DC autox.