anyone got a garage and some know how for my forester in aug

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

boomee
Tricycle

anyone got a garage and some know how for my forester in aug

Post by boomee »

I didnt want to hijack any forums with my request but i have parts for my 04 fxt that need to go on the car. Havent been able to get them on for months ( wife complaining too since we live in an apartment)anyways i live in manassas VA any of you all up for helping me get the parts on the car since i have little or no experience doing this? I dont have regular days off ( usually monday night and tuesday night ) since i am a dc Cop but i have some vacation coming up in august ( the 18 19 and maybe the 20or 21st) if its an allday affair i can provide pizza and beer just let me know what you think
oh the parts that i have are
Kartboy SS
swift springs
STI RSB
and just a cat back muffler
possibly some kartboy endlinks later
Bunmi (Boomee)

Post by zaxrex »

My lingo is a bit rusty, but with the exeption of the RSB(?), the toughest bit would be the springs.

Alas, I have no garage, and I'm not even in the same state right now, but post up your intended days of work and I'd love to get my hands bruised. I have a pretty flexible schedule.

Plus, I know a fews places that let me do work on cars. The neighbors actually even like me.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

rsb=rear sway bar
i'm down to help anyway i can.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

do the endlinks with the sway, you'll be glad you did. :wink: that's a 45 minute job total.

cat back is also about a 45 minute job, depending on how rusted the stock bolts are.

if the SS is anything like an Impreza it's a 15 minute job if you have a large rubber mallet and a scrap of 2x4.

springs are a PITA but not complicated; a few hours to install, depending...
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

yep, looks like easy stuff overall. shouldn't take more than a few hours if you have some friends helping out.
-Ben
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

my intended day is posibly the 18th not sure right now especially with alot of people going to mach -V the same day( i might stop in myself just to see whats around) with that being said maybe the 26 of august still need to find a place to do this though so we shall see
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Well, we could do an install day/night some time at my place. It's been awhile since we've had more than two Suby's at the White House!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Sabre wrote:Well, we could do an install day/night some time at my place. It's been awhile since we've had more than two Suby's at the White House!!!
Gotta get that changed!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

sabre i will be pming you
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

I need something to install.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

My car-port (as well as my jack, two sets of ramps and Zak's compressor) is available if anyone wants to be out of the sun.

I had some problems with the short shifter in my FXT. I had to use a different technique than the hammer to get it in.

I don't have a spring compressor though.