STi family

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

STi family

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Interesting story I figured you might get a chuckle out of. My mom called me yesterday and told me she saw an STi the other day. She was giving it the walk-around to see what (if anything) was done to it and to take a pic to send to me since it was parked next to her. Just then a woman in her late 40s with her daughter probably in her early 20s comes out and asks what she's doing to her car. long story short. the STi belonged to the mother. the daughter and her brother also owned one. They all use them as their daily drivers. Now thats what you call a cool family.

Also something reassuring about the boasted safety of our subarus. My mom had mentioned to the woman that I had an impreza was in the process of attempting to get an STi. Concerned for my heath as ever she asked them how they were in terms of safety. The daughter had said how she had wrecked a previous STi when she spun on ice going down the highway. All airbags deployed. The grand total of damage was $22,000 to the car. The girl? She walked away from the accident unharmed. 5-star safety rating ftw.

I admit it doesn't exactly hold much relevance to DCAWD however I found it to be quite interesting.
Last edited by Cereb Daithi on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

it's what makes a subaru... a subaru
-Ben
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

:plusone:

A+ Would read again :) Gotta love the Suby 'fam'
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Now that sir is an awesome family!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

My mom drives a Sable wagon. Enough said.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

My mom drives a Kia Sportage. :roll:
But my dad drives a WRX! :D

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

my mom drives a legacy outback bd.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

mom has a 4 door Civic, but she's NEVER owned an automatic. I think that's pretty cool! 8)
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Mom has a manual transmission Mini Cooper. One of the first in the Philly area. 8)

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Mom has a manual transmission Mini Cooper. One of the first in the Philly area. 8)
and she didn't attend the autoX class last year why??? :poke: :wink:
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Mr Kleen wrote:and she didn't attend the autoX class last year why??? :poke: :wink:
She's done enough of that. She used to rally race (and ice rally) a '66 Mustang with my dad back when they lived in Canada.

--Alan
MikeO
I'm a n000b

Post by MikeO »

My mom is supporting and helping me find/buy an STi, does that count for a cool mom/family? Oh and she drives stick too.. not currently but she knows how and did for a long time.