New Member Welcome Section

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

hutru01
I'm a n000b

New Member Welcome Section

Post by hutru01 »

I just wanted to say whats up to the forum. My car info is in my signature. I met a forum member last night at Olive Garden in Fairfax. RJ was his name. He drives a 2002 Modded WRX. Can we sticky this for new members? I wasn't able to find a new member section.
Cobb/TDC Stage 2+ Protuned LGT - 270awhp 303awtq
My CarDomain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2535852
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

welcome aboard! I still haven't seen RJ's WRX. :lol:

gonna move this to the " Spotted cards, shout-outs, sightings, about me's" section. :wink:
hutru01
I'm a n000b

Post by hutru01 »

Mr Kleen wrote:welcome aboard! I still haven't seen RJ's WRX. :lol:

gonna move this to the " Spotted cards, shout-outs, sightings, about me's" section. :wink:
Cool, thanks!

Yeh, I saw his WRX last night. It has some nice mods. The engine mods need to be taken off and cleaned, but other than that, its pretty fast.
My CarDomain Site
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Welcome! Nice ride!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

RJ's still whoring out this club?! :) Anyhow, welcome to the fold! Now you can NEVER LEAVE! :twisted:

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

welcome. you should check the meets forum and make it out to one. we promise that libra monkee won't bite.
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

:D

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
chicken n waffles

-Ben
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Welcome to the club!
It's good to have another LGT in the mix.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Welcome to the boards hutru01! Always nice to see another LGT!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Great to see you here Matt!

And yes Chuck, I am still promoting DCAWD. It is the only true club for me ::tear::

I spotted the Miracle Whip after giving my mom a test-drive in my car where she was screaming at me to slow down... (we were going 5 over in a 45).

Matt's Legacy is a niiiccee ride and he has some great things going for it.

And the rest of you will see the WRX at D&B's, assuming VIP has not re-confiscated it to fix various problems.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

RJ, I say let VIP have all the time in the world they need to address the issues. That area of work is one thing that you want them to take their time on, AGAIN. There is a difference between not causing any more damage, and fixing the damage that was caused. Make sure they are aware of that.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
NinjaWagon
I'm a n000b

New guy

Post by NinjaWagon »

Sayin' hi.

Just got my 4th subaru, (my first turbo). I had a '92 legacy (2WD!), then a '94 Legacy Wagon, '98 outback sport, and after a few year break from subes, I just bought my 07 WRX Wagon. For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, I have a very unhealthy fetish for wagons. I live in Alexandria VA, where they do not so much as let me change my oil in my complex, so if you have a house, I will sneak in and violate your driveway in terrible unspeakable ways. I also enjoy long walks on the beach.

Hopefully I may meet/see some of you around.
'07 WRX Ninja Black Wagon
chicken n waffles

welcome. there's a few of us floating around alexandria. colin (complacent) and i live in old town and work on our cars regularly. our neighbors are pretty chill (for the most part) and never say anything about us getting some wrenchwork in (or our love of loud exhausts).
-Ben
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hey, wlecome.

I used to change my oil in the parking garage at work in alexandria, but then things happen and I did stuff and then found myself banished from the garage.

I know of a house in Springfield that hs been host to many a turbo-swap, intercooler install, and generall auto mischief.

If you have something planned, we can usually find a space and a few beers to drink and attempt to help you.

Z
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ Yep, there is always space available somewhere if you need it. The "White House" in Springfield is always ready for impromptu installs and such :)

Welcome to the group!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

There is also a carport in McLean that is available most weekends as well. as long as space is reserved in advance.
hutru01
I'm a n000b

Post by hutru01 »

zaxrex wrote:Hey, wlecome.

I used to change my oil in the parking garage at work in alexandria, but then things happen and I did stuff and then found myself banished from the garage.

I know of a house in Springfield that hs been host to many a turbo-swap, intercooler install, and generall auto mischief.

If you have something planned, we can usually find a space and a few beers to drink and attempt to help you.

Z
I actually have cobb springs and front and rear sways....looking to install at some point...i know i need compressor tools though
My CarDomain Site
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Compressor? Did somebody sy compressor? It just so happens that I have one and a few tools to go with it.

Come on over, meet the Pres, and make loud obnoxious noises with air tools!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

:rolllaugh: :nana:

snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

I have a full-size compressor at my mom's place too. I could probably squeeze it into the backseat if necessary.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote:Compressor? Did somebody sy compressor? It just so happens that I have one and a few tools to go with it.

Come on over, meet the Pres, and make loud obnoxious noises with air tools!
:lol2: Ya, I'd be up for some install time soon :) I have some things to put on my whip as well...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

The rear sway as well as the front and rear endlinks are very easy and can be done in just a few hours.

The front sway bar on the other hand. . .
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: New Member Welcome Section

Post by complacent »

hutru01 wrote: Can we sticky this for new members? I wasn't able to find a new member section.
First off, welcome to the boards. Most of us are almost always ready to throw down on an install day... we just need a time and date.

As far as your original question is concerned, there is the third sticky in this section, titled New here? READ THIS. kthx :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Hello all!!! I'm new of course. I am looking forward to the next Springfield meet so I can meet some of you guys. I've got an 06 WRX Wagon and it seems like there are a couple wagon folks here too. Thanks
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby