New Member Welcome Section

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Coolness! Welcome aboard. Our next Springfield meet will be on the 10th. I hope to see you out there.
Last edited by Libra Monkee on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Welcome to the group Jay! We definitely have a good amount of wagons :) Better watch out for some of them too.... <cough> Dr.WRX </cough>
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Thanks for the warm welcome and "warning". Mine is slow so no worries. Maybe some of the guys can take me for a ride in an evil wagon. Wagon Mafia FTW! Son
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
derangedazn
I walk to work

Hello

Post by derangedazn »

Hi, I go by Q. I am an alcoholic......oh sorry wrong forum. I met some of you at Vinny's the other day, as well as the last meet at Hard Times in Springfield. I drive a variety of vehicles....but for sake of AWD it is an Evo 8. Hope to make it out to many more events.
STiLe
I walk to work

Hello

Post by STiLe »

Hey whats up all? Names Aaron and I'm a STiOholic. I'm the proud owner of an 06'STi which I often refer to as "My girlfriend who doesn't talk back." I plan on making an appearance at the next meet @ D&B on the 25th and was wondering if I have to get in touch with someone prior to doing so. I don't know what anyone looks like so if I go it'll be like going to D&B to play games and drink by myself and thats never fun hahaha.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Aaron!
All you need to do is post up in the meet thread that you are coming :) We generally meet up outside for a little and then go in for food and games. We stay together pretty much as a group, so no worries about being left alone. I generally try to come up to people as they arrive and introduce myself, as do most of the regulars. Feel free to ask about any of the cars, we're always willing to pop a hood :)

Welcome to the boards!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the social club that makes you spend money when you don't really need to.

If you follow the directions in the meet announcement, you will find a shmaggle (yest, that is the technical term) of cars by the back wall, out of the way from tracffic.

If for some reason you come late, look for the table of guys with a cool chick or two thrown in.

If that doesn't work, hang out by the Daytono racing game and we will take it over it before too long.

Welcome
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

zaxrex wrote:If for some reason you come late, look for the table of guys with a cool chick or two thrown in.
There's chicks at our meets?!?!?!? <runs>

:lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Hey Aaron!

Welcome to DCAWD and congratulations on being the third STi in the BAE Building garage! :mrgreen:

Thanks for responding to my Spotted Card! You'll find a lot of cool people here. Only about 10% of us are douche bags. The rest is 20% smart-ass, 40% computer geek, 15% alcoholic, 8% post whore, 5% WTF, and 2% Canadian. :D

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Libra Monkee wrote: Thanks for responding to my Spotted Card! You'll find a lot of cool people here. Only about 10% of us are douche bags. The rest is 20% smart-ass, 40% computer geek, 15% alcoholic, 8% post whore, 5% WTF, and 2% Canadian. :D
:lol2:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Sabre wrote:
Libra Monkee wrote: Thanks for responding to my Spotted Card! You'll find a lot of cool people here. Only about 10% of us are douche bags. The rest is 20% smart-ass, 40% computer geek, 15% alcoholic, 8% post whore, 5% WTF, and 2% Canadian. :D
:lol2:
I'm right there with Julian, but still trying to figure out which one I am. So far, I've determined that I'm not Canadian.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Sabre wrote:
zaxrex wrote:If for some reason you come late, look for the table of guys with a cool chick or two thrown in.
There's chicks at our meets?!?!?!? <runs>

:lol:
:goodvsevil: :fart:

You're absolutely right. :lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

You're like my sister, you don't count! ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
chicken n waffles

Re: Hello

Post by chicken n waffles »

STiLe wrote:Hey whats up all? Names Aaron and I'm a STiOholic. I'm the proud owner of an 06'STi which I often refer to as "My girlfriend who doesn't talk back." I plan on making an appearance at the next meet @ D&B on the 25th and was wondering if I have to get in touch with someone prior to doing so. I don't know what anyone looks like so if I go it'll be like going to D&B to play games and drink by myself and thats never fun hahaha.
hey are you the owner of the black sti in our building in rosslyn that chuck "spotted" the other day? we were wondering. drive down to b-2 and park next to the white sti w/ wrx trunk. hopefully we'll crowd it up so the blue sti has nowhere to park.

TAKE THAT, CHUCK.
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Do it!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
chicken n waffles

Sabre wrote:You're like my sister, you don't count! ;)
:shock:

... *backs away from the cornucopia of possible jokes*
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Re: Hello

Post by Libra Monkee »

chicken n waffles wrote:hopefully we'll crowd it up so the blue sti has nowhere to park.

TAKE THAT, CHUCK.

chicken n waffles

-Ben
STiLe
I walk to work

Post by STiLe »

Yep I'm the black STi in the Rosslyn garage. I moved my car next to yours and chuck's on my lunch break. I read how you guys park in front of each other if you have to and just call one another in the event that one of you has to leave, that's pretty cool. I hate having to leave my keys with the attendants I'll not allow them to drive such a beast of an automobile. The first time I dropped my keys off with them I wrote down the mileage hahahahaha. What are you (chicken n waffles) and chuck doing for lunch tomorrow?
chicken n waffles

STiLe wrote:Yep I'm the black STi in the Rosslyn garage. I moved my car next to yours and chuck's on my lunch break. I read how you guys park in front of each other if you have to and just call one another in the event that one of you has to leave, that's pretty cool. I hate having to leave my keys with the attendants I'll not allow them to drive such a beast of an automobile. The first time I dropped my keys off with them I wrote down the mileage hahahahaha. What are you (chicken n waffles) and chuck doing for lunch tomorrow?
yeah dude. the second week i was working here one of the attendants plowed an suv into another car, which in turn pushed a THIRD car into one of the pillars. definitely don't wanna mess with that crap. not to mention that i wouldn't trust them to decipher the complicated workings of 6 gears plus reverse lockout. they'd probably slam it into 6th and plow forward into something. NO THANKS.

i'm free for lunch tomorrow. chuckles, what say ye?
-Ben
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

STiLe wrote:What are you (chicken n waffles) and chuck doing for lunch tomorrow?
Each other. :gayfight:
:leaving:
chicken n waffles

Katya4me wrote:
STiLe wrote:What are you (chicken n waffles) and chuck doing for lunch tomorrow?
Each other. :gayfight:
:leaving:
that's only on wednesdays
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^^ :shock: I KNEW IT!!!! hahahaha
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

chicken n waffles wrote: the complicated workings of 6 gears plus reverse lockout. they'd probably slam it into 6th and plow forward into something. NO THANKS.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I always worry about valeting the STI because somebody will go joyriding with it (we just check the odo before we park it)... but I never thought that people would have a hard time with *reverse*! Does that happen?!!
rocket scientist
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

chicken n waffles wrote:
STiLe wrote:Yep I'm the black STi in the Rosslyn garage. I moved my car next to yours and chuck's on my lunch break. I read how you guys park in front of each other if you have to and just call one another in the event that one of you has to leave, that's pretty cool. I hate having to leave my keys with the attendants I'll not allow them to drive such a beast of an automobile. The first time I dropped my keys off with them I wrote down the mileage hahahahaha. What are you (chicken n waffles) and chuck doing for lunch tomorrow?
yeah dude. the second week i was working here one of the attendants plowed an suv into another car, which in turn pushed a THIRD car into one of the pillars. definitely don't wanna mess with that crap. not to mention that i wouldn't trust them to decipher the complicated workings of 6 gears plus reverse lockout. they'd probably slam it into 6th and plow forward into something. NO THANKS.

i'm free for lunch tomorrow. chuckles, what say ye?
Let's see, tomorrow's Friday right? Um, hmm. Yeah screw work! I can make lunch tomorrow.