DCAWD turns 3! Thursday 02/22/07 - HT's

All about DCAWD Meets

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ lol, I eat it about once a week as it is.... besides, we need a place with more options :) Pho = no no for most veggies...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:Speaking of which ... there's a Dauphine Steak House and a Fast Eddie's in the area, right? 8)

I haven't been to either but I've heard about them. Any personal experience here at DCAWD?

--Alan
Dauphine's was a very bad strip club but it's closed down now. Fast Eddie's is pretty much the same kinda joint like Bungalow's or HT's.
Katya4me wrote:Mmm...Pho 495. :D
You Pho-get that. I apparently don't like Pho near as much as you do. ;)

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Sabre wrote:^^^ lol, I eat it about once a week as it is.... besides, we need a place with more options :) Pho = no no for most veggies...
Hmm, true. Don't know anything about the other places as I've never eaten at Fast Eddies, just played pool there.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Pho :notcool:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

complacent wrote:
Mr Kleen wrote:I'd miss the chili and a few of the waitresses, but I'd be willing to give another place a shot. for as much business as we bring in they sure don't seem to want to meet us half way... :?
agreed.

*sniff, sniff*
Yea, we've had problems with Hardtimes, but that place is a big part of DCAWD, we've been meeting there for 3 years, I'd hate to walk away over something like this... I'd say if we want a change of pace alternate something with D&B's. HT's is as much of a regular to DCAWD as any of us.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

ElZorro wrote:
complacent wrote:
Mr Kleen wrote:I'd miss the chili and a few of the waitresses, but I'd be willing to give another place a shot. for as much business as we bring in they sure don't seem to want to meet us half way... :?
agreed.

*sniff, sniff*
Yea, we've had problems with Hardtimes, but that place is a big part of DCAWD, we've been meeting there for 3 years, I'd hate to walk away over something like this... I'd say if we want a change of pace alternate something with D&B's. HT's is as much of a regular to DCAWD as any of us.
the parking lot is great there, but you have to admit the service has been terrible lately.

oh wait, you've been gone forever :poke: :rolllaugh:
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Well if we're seriously looking for new places I know the Springfield Bungalow's and an entire area up front that can be reserved but I don't know if there are any costs involved with that. Parking out there might be pretty bad, also. Still, if you want I could look in to it.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Yea, the one in shirlington is definitely a no-go for larger groups... no parking. :(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

complacent wrote:Yea, the one in shirlington is definitely a no-go for larger groups... no parking. :(
a no-go for any group larger than 1 car. :roll: I'm soooo glad they replaced the parking lot with condos....
TRANS4M
Tricycle

Post by TRANS4M »

YAY!!
- 2011 SWP WRX Hatch limited
2WDrift
I'm a n000b

Post by 2WDrift »

TRANS4M wrote: Image

YAY!!
Beat me to it! :P
Gary
"Drift it, but don't spin..." Tanner Foust, Fed Ex 10/29/06
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

chicken n waffles wrote: the parking lot is great there, but you have to admit the service has been terrible lately.

oh wait, you've been gone forever :poke: :rolllaugh:
That's not fair, I saw Jason there last time.
rocket scientist
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

We doing the caravan thing from the Fillet of the Chicken at 6 as usual?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya, I should be able to do that... I'll call you as it gets closer :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Easy enough - see you then.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

awesome meet. it seems like each meet lately has produced new faces. that's good because there's only so much of gabe's mug i can handle before i kick kittens.

:eek:
GeneralGrievous wrote:Add to dessert type things coming w/me "Chocolate Banana Torte".. you peeps can test a new menu item for me.
ok, where do i start?

thank you... VERY VERY VERY MUCH for those delicious tortes.

it's a shame you left so quickly before you had a chance to see everyone practically have an orgasm upon trying said tortes. seriously, they were friggin awesome.
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

:plusone: for the tortes! Now I'm going have to run all the way home (to Philadelphia) to work it off.

Another great meet all! The only thing we needed was less cold.

snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Libra Monkee wrote:Another great meet all! The only thing we needed was less cold.
And fewer errant shopping carts...
RJ
'13 Mazda3
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Libra Monkee wrote::plusone: for the tortes! Now I'm going have to run all the way home (to Philadelphia) to work it off.

Another great meet all! The only thing we needed was less cold.
yeah absolutely, tortes ftw. the service was even good. or at least, they didn't fuck up anything I ordered and were very attentive. i wonder how hard it would be to get that two-tables-and-space deal again??
rocket scientist
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Yah, the service was a step up from recent experiences.

And a BIG :plusone: on the tortes! Those were amazing!! Where do you work again? I think I'll have to take Christy out for a "surprise" dinner out in VA. 8)

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

upon further review, no torte reform necessary. 8)

when I told the waitress that one of the club members made the torts and worked at a bakery she mentioned that she needed a wedding cake. Julian passed on the details to her. hopefully you'll get some business out of it.

excellent meet yet again. can't wait for warmer weather so the group can hang outside longer. so many cool people, so little time to eat...
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

snaab wrote:And fewer errant shopping carts...
The temperature was fine, as were the carts. It was that damned wind that caused all of the problems...

Well, no torte eating for me, and I fear that was a mistake :cry: .

Thanks also the guys from P_tuning for showing up. Sorry I didn't get a chance to do the I-speak-you-speak thing.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

chicken n waffles wrote:
GeneralGrievous wrote:Add to dessert type things coming w/me "Chocolate Banana Torte".. you peeps can test a new menu item for me.
ok, where do i start?

thank you... VERY VERY VERY MUCH for those delicious tortes.

it's a shame you left so quickly before you had a chance to see everyone practically have an orgasm upon trying said tortes. seriously, they were friggin awesome.

:plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :drool:
I think I'll be spending 2 hrs. at the gym tonight, but those were amazing. :)

And definitely, the service was great, I could hear people talking and it was quite pleasant there in the back.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Great meet all, thanks for coming out :)

:plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: :plusone: For the Torte's, they were great! The waitress will be getting Dave's e-mail address next HT's meet!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

I echo all previous statements. :) Great times all - much appreciated. And huge thanks to GG for the tasty dessert. That was amazing!