I just bought a bugeye...

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

What mod should I do first?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:54 pm

Painted sideskirts
No votes
Exhaust
86%
Tint
No votes
Debadge trunk
14%

Total votes: 14

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

The borla Hush is a great exhaust, just ask Julian.
It looks great, its quiet, doesn't draw attention to itself, and carries borla's 1,000,000 mile warranty.

If your looking to stay stealthy there are also other (cheaper) options as well. Trubendz (http://www.trubendz.com) sells 2.5" and 3" WRX stainless cat-back exhausts for $375 and $450. They come with Magnaflow mufflers which have proven to be pretty quiet yet make great power.

You can also get the bosal single tip exhaust (like mine) for $400. It's also stainless, and pretty stealthy as well.

If you come to the next meet take a look and listen to some of the ones that our folks have chosen.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I've got a TXS exhaust, I think they use Magnaflow mufflers. sounds great. 8)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote:The borla Hush is a great exhaust, just ask Julian.
It looks great, its quiet, doesn't draw attention to itself, and carries borla's 1,000,000 mile warranty.
Yep, both Chuck and I have the Borla Hush :) I love mine and have never had any trouble because of it. It's nice and quiet until about 3-3.5k, then you start getting a nice grunt.

If you buy it, see if Dan (Mach V, aka FastWRX.com) will throw in a 3" flange adapter for it. Otherwise, pick it up from here.

You'll want that type of flange for any kind of aftermarket turbo->catback exhaust that you do.

BTW, after hearing the Magnaflow stuff, I would say it's a little louder than mine, but not look at me loud. I like the sound of it :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Mr Kleen wrote:I've got a TXS exhaust, I think they use Magnaflow mufflers. sounds great. 8)
:plusone: for the TXS/Magnaflow combo. I had one on my 04 WRX and I also had one on my 05STi. Great sounding pipes.

(Though the borla hush is nice too, I prefer the TXS joint) 8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Sabre wrote:If you buy it, see if Dan (Mach V, aka FastWRX.com) will throw in a 3" flange adapter for it. Otherwise, pick it up from here.
The 3" flange adapter is only needed if you use a 3" flat flanged down-pipe. If you stick with the stock mid (cat) pipe you will not need the adapter. After my experience and seeing the numbers that can be put down with the stock mid (cat) pipe. I wouldn't replace it. They flow well enough to support over 300whp.
Again, my recomendations would be:
1. Stromung or bosal down-pipe: $189-$229
with either:
2. Borla Hush cat-back: $550
3. Bosal single tip cat-back: $399
4. Trubendz 2.5" or 3" stainless (magnaflow): $375 or $450
5. TurboXS axle-back or turbo-back exhaust.
6. Any of the above used. They're all stainless and should last forever.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Sabre wrote:Yep, both Chuck and I have the Borla Hush :) I love mine and have never had any trouble because of it. It's nice and quiet until about 3-3.5k, then you start getting a nice grunt.
:plusone: For the Borla Hush!!

It doesn't look like a coffee can hanging of the back of your car, it gives you a deep throaty roar, and more vrooom.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."