the Fed-Ex guy is a car guy???

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

the Fed-Ex guy is a car guy???

Post by Mr Kleen »

I overheard the woman in an adjacent cube talking to the Fed-Ex guy this morning about racing. racing?!? I had to snoop some more!

I spoke with him for a few minutes, but I think he was in a hurry (and I didn't manage to catch his name). I gave him a card and hopefully he'll stop by, he seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Hmm, are you thinking what I am thinking? Get connections w/ an inside man at UPS!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

"Racing" as in NASCAR? Or "racing" as in actual racing? With right turns and all?

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

he has an Eclipse Spyder that he's taken to Summit Point, VIR and Mid Ohio. he said Mid O was a great facility and that he also really liked VIR.

yeah, I think he might be one of us. :lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, sounds like us alright :)

BTW, I've heard from several sources that VIR is an awesome track and the facilities are amazing.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

If only they weren't all the way down in Halifax.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, some co-workers trailer their bikes down ther and go at it in the ends of the week. They lik eit very much.

If Julian and I would get our asses up to speed, we could rent a plane and fly down to Danville to watch an event. Not quite as good a driving, but 1.5 hrs in a plane beats 6 in the car.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

zaxrex wrote:If Julian and I would get our asses up to speed, we could rent a plane and fly down to Danville to watch an event. Not quite as good a driving, but 1.5 hrs in a plane beats 6 in the car.
I'd be down with that.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

i was only 45 mins from VIR and they aren't lying it is a fun track with the patriot course being the best...

it looks easy but gets challenging...
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

zaxrex wrote: If Julian and I would get our asses up to speed, we could rent a plane and fly down to Danville to watch an event. Not quite as good a driving, but 1.5 hrs in a plane beats 6 in the car.
Sorry for the hijack but which one of you is a pilot? The things you learn about the people you know!! :) Well, that and the thought of Julian behind the controls of an aircraft is a fear that I need quelled fairly quickly. :)
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Well if it makes you feel any safer, Julian is not yet licensed. You do not have the comefort of that knowledge for me though.

I had to make a descision in high-school; get a used car for my senior year, or get flying lessons. Fly or drive.

I chose to fly. I was the only senior who didn't have their driver's license. I showed up to take the SATs and they would not accept my pilot's license as an ID. They thought I was trying to pull a scam or something.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

^^^

Very cool story. I bow to you sir. Have pondered the thought of taking to the skies myself quite often.

:bowd: :bowd: :bowd: :bowd: :bowd: :bowd: :bowd:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Osiros wrote:Sorry for the hijack but which one of you is a pilot? The things you learn about the people you know!! :) Well, that and the thought of Julian behind the controls of an aircraft is a fear that I need quelled fairly quickly. :)
lol, gee, thanks! I actually have over 30 hours (5 of those being solo) in the air ;)

I'd definitely be down for it Zak. Problem is, if we rented a 172, that only seats four plus some light baggage.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Hmm, to bring this thread back on topic...
There is a guy on the local Protege boards who goes by UPSman. He works for them and has a twin brother w/ a pretty sweet Eclipse. Can't remember his name offhand, and I haven't seen him in over a year. He has/had a mostly JDM Protege sedan and his other brother has/had a P5.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

zaxrex wrote:Well if it makes you feel any safer, Julian is not yet licensed. You do not have the comefort of that knowledge for me though.

I had to make a descision in high-school; get a used car for my senior year, or get flying lessons. Fly or drive.

I chose to fly. I was the only senior who didn't have their driver's license. I showed up to take the SATs and they would not accept my pilot's license as an ID. They thought I was trying to pull a scam or something.
With the way things are right now, I feel sorry for the Arab Americans who truly want to get into crop dusting.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer