2008 STI...

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2008 STI...

Post by Sabre »

Picture here (that can't be linked). Full article.

"Not to be outdone, Subaru will bring out an all-new Impreza, with a conceptual version of the base Impreza making its world debut on the New York stage next spring. Though the STI shown here won’t arrive until sometime in 2008, look for the base Impreza in mid-2007, followed soon after by the Impreza WRX.

Count on the same tried- and-true formula: a turbocharged 2.5-liter flat four, making as much as 330 hp in STI guise, all-wheel drive, and razor-sharp handling. STI is expected in sedan and hatchback configurations."

BTW, is it me or does that look like a FMIC on there? It stil has the hood scoop though, so who knows...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i spy an fmic.

save for the rice-as-HELL wing, i like it.

ps- wtF is up with the front of the new evo? that thing looks like it could eat a family (not in a good way, either)! :shock:
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2008 STI...

Post by avriette »

sabre wrote:Picture here (that can't be linked). Full article.

"Not to be outdone, Subaru will bring out an all-new Impreza, with a conceptual version of the base Impreza making its world debut on the New York stage next spring. Though the STI shown here won’t arrive until sometime in 2008, look for the base Impreza in mid-2007, followed soon after by the Impreza WRX.

Count on the same tried- and-true formula: a turbocharged 2.5-liter flat four, making as much as 330 hp in STI guise, all-wheel drive, and razor-sharp handling. STI is expected in sedan and hatchback configurations."

BTW, is it me or does that look like a FMIC on there? It stil has the hood scoop though, so who knows...
Nah, don't think that's an FMIC. In the right light, a clean radiator can look much like an FMIC. If it was an FMIC, Subaru would have opened up the corners to cool the tanks/tubes like the Evo. And you're right, it would be silly for them to have the hood scoop and the fmic.[/i]
rocket scientist
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

A hatchback?!?! :wtf: There go about 35 cool points.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote: BTW, is it me or does that look like a FMIC on there? It stil has the hood scoop though, so who knows...
I think it is a oil cooler or maybe it is a tranny cooler b/c the new STi only comes in AT? :wiggle:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

As long as the hatch is lighter, I'm all for it :) My intuition for engine tweaks is that we'll see:
AVCS on the intake and exhaust
Redesigned exhaust flow
Small chance for a twin scroll
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

sirwilliam wrote:I think it is a oil cooler or maybe it is a tranny cooler b/c the new STi only comes in AT? :wiggle:
If that were true, I'd be :puke: Don't ruin the STI like they did the Evo!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

i cant say i'm jumping for joy.. but i'm not holding my head in my hands crying either.. and even if it is a hatchback... a 300hp hatchback is just plain cool no matter how you cut it.

The only thing i REALLY dont like is that giant V on the front grille. too shiny. oh that and the "HEY LOOK AT ME!" wing on the back needs to go too.

should be interesting to see more news come out.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

i'm excited to see what the hatch is gonna be like. the concept sedan looks waaay hawt to me.

<---- abusing engrish since before you were ugly. 8)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Why does that flying V look like something like what I would see on a European car.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Libra Monkee wrote:Why does that flying V look like something like what I would see on a European car.
hmmm...
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

anybody up for a trip to the NYC auto show this spring for the new Impreza premier?
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:anybody up for a trip to the NYC auto show this spring for the new Impreza premier?
I would love to but don't think the boss (wife) would allow it. If you guys go, please take pics and if possible video.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Cereb Daithi wrote: The only thing i REALLY dont like is that giant V on the front grille. too shiny. oh that and the "HEY LOOK AT ME!" wing on the back needs to go too.
You need to spend a lot more time above 120mph. I am very thankful for the aero work done on the STI. It may be gaudy and even silly looking, but I am not about to complain when the car hunkers down instead of floating away at > 120mph.
rocket scientist
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

avriette wrote:
Cereb Daithi wrote: The only thing i REALLY dont like is that giant V on the front grille. too shiny. oh that and the "HEY LOOK AT ME!" wing on the back needs to go too.
You need to spend a lot more time above 120mph. I am very thankful for the aero work done on the STI. It may be gaudy and even silly looking, but I am not about to complain when the car hunkers down instead of floating away at > 120mph.
He has got a point. My car at those speeds is not of the hunkering sort...it is more the flying brick/toaster. :lol:

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I can add that at 120+ on the track, the car does seem very planted!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

FYI: the NY Auto Show runs from April 6 to April 15, 2007. I should have a day of vacation by then...
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Oh i have nothing against large wings when done right. I love the STi wings. Just somethinga bout a wing that big on a hatchback just doesnt appeal to me. it'll probably grow on me

personally i dont spend much time in the 120+ area mostly because im not a straightline speed guy. When going places around here i dont take the highways. I cut through the back roads sticking between 60-100mph. I go through tires like no other though... sigh...you can literally watch as the marbles go flying past the window
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

hmmm why is everyone hating on hatchbacks hatchbacks (next to wagons) are the shit ass the saying goes haul pople haul groceries and haul ass your i personally think it just pisses people off more when they get beat by a hatch or a wagon because they just cant handle it lolol 8)
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

boomee wrote:hmmm why is everyone hating on hatchbacks hatchbacks (next to wagons) are the shit ass the saying goes haul pople haul groceries and haul ass your i personally think it just pisses people off more when they get beat by a hatch or a wagon because they just cant handle it lolol 8)
MY EG6 IS THE BEST IN ITS CLASS
rocket scientist
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the Impreza name could change for the 2008 model year
:shock:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^^ :shock:

I can't wait to see what becomes of the Impreza line, should be very interesting!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Wait a minute ... they're going to drop the WRX?! That doesn't make any sense. :shock: :?:

And having a body-style of a five-door hatchback sounds a lot like a "wagon" to me. Not that I have anything against that, though. 8)

--Alan