2008 STI...

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

paikmanSTi
I'm a n000b

Re: 2008 STI...

Post by paikmanSTi »

Mine is a base.
But the packages only add :
BBS wheels and fog lamps
or those two + navigation.. literally thats all it adds.
BBS package is $2000 more, and I didn't like the wheels that badly to want them, and I am getting VOLK Ce28n anyways.
the fog lights you can get the complete package plug n play from MachV, full OEM, for about $350

That being said though, if you feel it's in your budget to get bbs or with NAV package I would say shoot for it, factory integrated nav is always so nice.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Right on, I was just curious. :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Damn these little boogers are quick!
Stock turbo and TMIC, exhaust (cated), an EWG and a tune give you 365HP and 411TQ
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Sabre wrote:Stock turbo and TMIC, exhaust (cated), an EWG and a tune give you 365HP and 411TQ
Yes, but that reading was taken with his "cut-out open!"

I'm a big fan of running an EWG (as long as you don't have to weld the flapper shut) but running it open will draw a lot of attention.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

drwrx wrote:
Sabre wrote:Stock turbo and TMIC, exhaust (cated), an EWG and a tune give you 365HP and 411TQ
Yes, but that reading was taken with his "cut-out open!"

I'm a big fan of running an EWG (as long as you don't have to weld the flapper shut) but running it open will draw a lot of attention.
Yes, but those numbers make me very excited! :ya:

Seriously, that is a stupid amount of HP and a beautiful mound of torque for a stock turbo car. :drool: mmmmm, torque. :drool:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

So you loose a couple of HP/TQ, that's still DAMN impressive. That also hits just before 3500 with that amount of TQ.

Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Sabre wrote:So you loose a couple of HP/TQ,
With a cut-out open you are bypassing the entire exhaust. That means no bends and no restrictive muffler. Trust me, that is worth a significant amount of power. That with the external wastegate allows you to run an extremely high level of boost w/o fear of creep or ossicilaton. It's hard to say what the actual numbers would be with a full catless exhaust and no EWG, but my guess would be around 310 whp / 350 ftlbs max on that dyno.

As indicated by this:

Mods-

-Invidia Catless DWG DP-
-Perrin Stealth CBE-
-AccessPort V2-
-Agency Power Lightened Pully-
-Perrin CAI-

boost was set conservatively at 20 pounds. We had it up at just over 300whp and 22psi
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

That's still damn impressive. With a Hydra on the stock turbo and TBE, I only managed 315lbs/ft and 282HP
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI