Just got new tires!

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

SubieGuy02
I'm a n000b

Just got new tires!

Post by SubieGuy02 »

I just got some new tires for my 02' WRX, I put them on the stock wheels. I wanted to get some good Sporty/Winter/All Around Tires. Since I commute 150 miles round to trip to work. So my buddies which work at a tire place (Merchants) were reccomending the BFGoodRidge Traction T/A's. So I looked into them and decided to get them. I bought the car used just recently and they have some Pirelli P8000 which were alright but they were a very stiff tire and also noisey. So basically Im saying is the BFGoodRidge Traction T/A tire are a good reccommendtion. I also have a question if anyone has tried the BFGoodRidge G-Force Series? And how you like them?
-Chris
2002 Subaru WRX
1991 Toyota MR2
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Haven't tried those yet, but if you dig around you'll see all my posts on the WS-50's. Great M&S tire.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
AJ711
Bicycle

Post by AJ711 »

I used BFG g-force KD's on the track and KDW II's as everyday rubber.

The KD's were excellent track tires, and only my mistake ended up doing them in at my track day at Roebline Road. Otherwise, they held up wonderfully and kept the car on the asphalt. I wasn't pushing them to incredibly hard, but they did feel like there was more in them around some of the higher lateral g corners.

My KDW's have been great as well. They are a bit more noisey than my Dunlop SP5000's, which were on for their final snow season this last year. Overall, I'm happy I bought them, and may return back to them when they need to be replaced. Lots of grip, great water extraction during the rain and a nice summer tire.

AJ
Cage: '98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, caged Uncaged: '05 Suzuki SV650S
'03 Forester XS, Team Grocery Getter