I gotta try this sometime soon

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

I gotta try this sometime soon

Post by Cereb Daithi »

some not-too-expensive interior tweaks for you RS and WRX owners out there (especially the bugeye owners)

Dashboard color mod

Key ring color mod

02-03 Radio and HVAC color mod
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

I did the key ring mod and the hvac. Both were extremely easy. I did a little variation on the hvac though. I orginally did the bulb condoms, but didn't like the color. I had seen a friend of mine, he had used candy apple red transparent model spray paint to paint the back of the faces. It came out a very nice red color. I did is also. Plus, my condoms had melted to the bulbs and was a pain in the ass to remove.
My Name is Adam.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

yeah when i do this i plan on simply buying the actual bulbs from http://autolumination.com/74.htm . they are a bit more expensive but I think would have a better result. sadly I cant do the radio as I have an 05 model with the actual LED being green rather than jsut a green light behind it. however I do intend to do the keyring and dash as I heard both are possible for the 05
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

I have heard of a lot of people messing up their gauges so be careful.
My Name is Adam.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

yeah.. im gona bring my one mechanic buddy along haha. ill have him press down on the face for me so if he bollocks' it up its his problem :twisted: :lol:

haha but seriously though thanks for the heads up. once it finally happens i'll post pics
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I did the HVAC controls as well and am happy with the results :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.