TURBOXS UTEC Delta

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

TURBOXS UTEC Delta

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

FROM TurboXS:
UTEC Delta engine management system for Subaru WRX's MY2002 through MY2006.

The WRX UTEC Delta is the next generation design of our popular WRX UTEC Engine management system and is a direct replacement for part numbers WRX-UTEC-US and WRX-UTEC-JDM.

The new part numbers are as follows:
Subaru WRX MY2002-2005: WRX-DELTA-0205
Subaru WRX MY2006: WRX-DELTA-06
Remote Map Selector Switch: SWITCH-DELTA

Pricing remains the same at MSRP of $1049 for the Delta and $79 for the Remote Map Selector Switch. See attached updated price list. I have also attached a picture of the Delta for use in your marketing. At this point, the Delta is functionally identical to the first generation WRX UTEC. Although the design now separates the "brain box" from the installation harness, the Delta runs the same software and has the same features and functions as the WRX UTEC.

However, the release of the Delta marks the first step in a radical change in our Engine Management Systems offering. Unlike past UTECs which were designed to work on one platform only, the Delta has been specifically engineered to suit a variety of vehicles. This will allow us to bring an engine management solution for hot new vehicles to market in significantly less time!

Additionally, the new Delta platform will allow us to implement new software with features and functions beyond that of the first generation UTECs. We are in the process of writing a brand new Windows based graphical user interface that will be exclusive to the Delta platform. This new software will give the Delta Live Tuning upon initial release. Advanced engine management features like Wide Band Feedback Auto-tuning will also be possible with the new software. We anticipate initial release of this software in the first quarter of 2007. All Delta's will be capable of using this new firmware once it is released. Stay tuned for more information on features and release dates!

Comments:
We've been anticipating this new utec for a long time. If it does offer a windows UI and Live Tuning capability it will definitely be a key ecu option once again, at least for us. i know the current system is definitely capable of making power (400whp, gt30R, 93octane, stock 2.0L block on shaun's evo), but the interface leaves much to be desire and the datalog-method of tuning is combursome.

I need to find out from turboxs if it will offer the MAF to MAP conversion that they promised a year ago for the Evo/WRX. We definitely want to try it on our WRX and tune it on our loading dyno. We'll wait and see.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com