DCAWD Meet Tuesday 08/29/06 - HT's

All about DCAWD Meets

Moderator: Moderators

GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:This is gonna be cool! I'm looking forward to all these other cars (I love the G35!).

Btw, does anyone here read "The Ultimates"?

--Alan
I had been up until recently. I'm really into Astonishing Xmen and Justice (I'm an Alex Ross freak) :hijack:

<-------------+1 in the nerd column
psuwrx
I walk to work

Post by psuwrx »

i ended up driving 10 hrs roundtrip to get my buddy's bike in wv...the suby needs a bath now from following all those damn coal trucks...
lights, lights, and more lights...
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

great meet guys!!!

the restraunt sucked again, but at least i got to talk with the Ptuning guys more.

I had a great time, and cant wait to do it again!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

the seating arrangements weren't necessarily their fault, as we had 2 people call in. it has to be difficult accomidating 30 people regardless.
-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:the seating arrangements weren't necessarily their fault, as we had 2 people call in. it has to be difficult accomidating 30 people regardless.
Yeah, wasn't too big on the back area. Sorry about runnin' out. Had to get up at 4am and wasn't feeling too sociable...actually, I was just a brain dead monkey w/ a shaved head.

Ben, diggin' the new exhaust...sounds nice! 8) Any EM to go w/ that or just stock ECU EM?
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
chicken n waffles

stock ecu for now. waiting to install the uppipe before em comes into the picture :D

i've had that exhaust on since last fall. guess you guys don't pay ye ol' baja any attention when she pulls up :cry: :cry: :cry:
-Ben
chicken n waffles

-Ben
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

chicken n waffles wrote:stock ecu for now. waiting to install the uppipe before em comes into the picture :D

i've had that exhaust on since last fall. guess you guys don't pay ye ol' baja any attention when she pulls up :cry: :cry: :cry:
I haven't been to too many meets since the schedule is not Will-compatible and also I am senile...those are my excuses and I am sticking w/ them. :lol:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
chicken n waffles

LOL yeah you get a free pass.

the others, though, they gots nuffin. NUFFIN.
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Rookie84 wrote:I'll be there with my brother.

I'm in 05 white STi and my bro's car is 03 G35 coupe(TN turbo)
Hey, sorry I didn't add you all to the list, I didn't see this till just now :(

Awesome meet all, thanks for coming out :) I'll post the pictures up in the next few hours :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

chicken n waffles wrote:LOL yeah you get a free pass.

the others, though, they gots nuffin. NUFFIN.
Um.....

:postwhore:

:lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

We had a good time yesterday. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to more of the members. I know you guys have been meeting at HT for a few years now, but i have to say that the food was terrible :( I think the chef drop the whole container of salt into my chili. I was pretty much forcing myself to eat it, knowing it was going to cost me $8 bucks. But the wing wasn't to bad, then again, you really can't screw up on the wings.

Maybe we outta move the VA meet to Hooters in Fairfax, the food isn't all that great, but at least they offer some eye candy :D
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
chicken n waffles

um i think you just got a bad batch of chili. their chili is great.
-Ben
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

yeah, usually the chili is the best part. the staff is usually cool too. I guess the mix-up in the planning stage spilled over to every aspect of the meet last night. :oops: can't win 'em all I guess.

I'll save my anti-Hooters Restaurant rant for later...
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Wow, that sucks that you had a bad bowl of chili Next time, please let them know and I'm sure they'll get you a new bowl.

It was good talking to you all last night. Sucks that we didn't have our usual format (this is the first time we've been split), hopefully next time we won't have those problems.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

Yeah was glad i could make the meet and talk to everyone (my apologies for our unfortunate tablemate who shall remain nameless to protect his good standing in the organization :wink: ). And thanks to MrC, made it out to PTuning today and picked up my stainless IC splitter. I'm already making plans to come check out your new spot when you move.

An IMHO a big -1 to Hooters.. I'm checking into Buffalo Wing Factory as an alternate site as well.
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

I know some great places in Arlington...Carpool, Cafe Asia, etc. but unfortunately parking for 30 cars is a problem.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

GeneralGrievous wrote: An IMHO a big -1 to Hooters.. I'm checking into Buffalo Wing Factory as an alternate site as well.
Do either of those places have vegetarian items on the menu? Just curious. Won't be a deal breaker for me, but I will go hungry...
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

between parking for 20 to 40 cars and the requirement for vegetarian menu items for several members, finding a meeting spot is tricky.

how big is the PTuning parking lot? you guys have your food & beverage licenses up to date? :poke: :wink:
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Mr Kleen wrote:between parking for 20 to 40 cars and the requirement for vegetarian menu items for several members, finding a meeting spot is tricky.

how big is the PTuning parking lot? you guys have your food & beverage licenses up to date? :poke: :wink:
Gabe,

If your talking about the new ptuning facility, we have 46 slots reserved for our shop. But if we host an event on a sat or sun, we can use up to 130 parking spaces.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

sounds good! now just get your liquor license and hire some Hooters girls (or maybe some women who look like Hooters girls but are actually friendly and somewhat interested in serving food). :twisted:
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Mr Kleen wrote:sounds good! now just get your liquor license and hire some Hooters girls (or maybe some women who look like Hooters girls but are actually friendly and somewhat interested in serving food). :twisted:
I'll do better than that, i will hand pick some friendly hooter girls (inside connection) and have them where ptuning tube top with mini skirts for the grand opening :D
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:I'll do better than that, i will hand pick some friendly hooter girls (inside connection) and have them where ptuning tube top with mini skirts for the grand opening :D
:shock: :drool:

Sounds great... :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:
Mr Kleen wrote:sounds good! now just get your liquor license and hire some Hooters girls (or maybe some women who look like Hooters girls but are actually friendly and somewhat interested in serving food). :twisted:
I'll do better than that, i will hand pick some friendly hooter girls (inside connection) and have them where ptuning tube top with mini skirts for the grand opening :D
:shock:
I'm there!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Pictures are up!!!

DCAWD Gallery
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI