FINLAND'S UP!!!!!

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

w00t :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

day two is up... subaru fans.... dont watch if you dont want to cry....
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

maybe one of yo knows the answer to this.... i was watching finland day 3 and something made me go "wtf" and hit the screenshot button....

what does the american civil war have to do with rally racing in finland?

comon this isnt NASCAR...
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

My impression is that Europeans don't really understand that most Americans associate the rebel flag with slavery and discrimination. To them it's a symbol of rebellion and counter-culture with no connection to slavery and racism.

At least, that's my take.

BTW, why don't they have a preview of the rally available?

--Alan
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

i was wondering that myself. oh well.

but yes. you can never tell about those crazy europeans.... still odd though... anyways yeah. robin williams probably said it best...

"and they say..."yew know...yew know the confederate flag is just a symbol o' states rights"..... yeah and a swasticka is just a tibetan good luck charm...comon..."
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

WRXWagon2112 wrote:My impression is that Europeans don't really understand that most Americans associate the rebel flag with slavery and discrimination. To them it's a symbol of rebellion and counter-culture with no connection to slavery and racism.

At least, that's my take.

BTW, why don't they have a preview of the rally available?

--Alan
Yeah but you don't see us flying swashtikas at NASCAR.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the Tibetan good luck symbol is the mirror image of the swastika. well, actually the swastika is the mirror image of a Tibetan good luck symbol that's been around for nearly a thousand years (and in several other ancient cultures, where do you think the Nazis got the idea?)

as for the rebel flag: you lost, take down your flag. :looser:

:hijack:
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

ah the nazis... quite teh evil... yet funny how we still do things started by them.. for example did you know the carrying of the olympic torch to the games was a nazi invention?

anyways yes. every time i see a chevy pickup truck with a confederate flag in the back window (usually accompinened with stickers of their favorite nascar driver and a picture of calvin peeing on a ford logo) i get grumpy all over again.. for example.. i was stuck behind just such a truck... confederate flag sticker and TONS of nascar stickers in the back window... when we got into a busy part of the road and traffic had slowed down to a slow crawl... the idiot starts zigzagging back and fourth.. at first it hought he was trying to not run over something.... but then i realized... no.. dumbass watched too much nascar and he thinks its cool to zig-zag back and fourth to "keep his tires warm" or something... im sorry but idiots like that literally infuriate me..
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Mr Kleen wrote:the Tibetan good luck symbol is the mirror image of the swastika. well, actually the swastika is the mirror image of a Tibetan good luck symbol that's been around for nearly a thousand years (and in several other ancient cultures, where do you think the Nazis got the idea?)

as for the rebel flag: you lost, take down your flag. :looser:

:hijack:
I've seen that sybmbol on some buildings around here. I took picutres.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."