Who has witnessed a subie crash?

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

missvenezuela85
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Who has witnessed a subie crash?

Post by missvenezuela85 »

Well lets see, anyone ever witnessed a subie crash before? I mean just out on the street driving say... right next to you? (ish).

Ok, well my boyfriend (who drives a subie) and I were leaving a shopping mall and we saw this really nice 06 WRX wagon. We both started talking about it, this subie was in the lane next to us but one car ahead of us. At the light we wanted to speed up to catch up with it so we could wave at the driver, but it just accelerated really fast and just took off. We wanted to catch up, but when we looked ahead we were like does the driver realize that there is a bunch of cars stopped at a light in his lane. Well as we kept driving, the driver was going entirely too fast and he piled into the car infront of him. As we drove by, pieces of his lights just shot out infront of our car. I was in total shock because his hood just accordioned. We were like :shock: OH SHIT! :shock: I mean you know that really God awful sound when a car hit another.... yeah it was really awful. Needless to say we couldnt stop talking about what we saw. It was insane.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

i was in one two winters ago.

wasnt even close to being as bad as what you saw. ironicailly enough the cop caused the most damage.. he literally ripped that whole front end off my car and threw it in my back seat because he said i "couldnt stay there. it was too dangerous" (it was a pure icestorm. people were wrecked as far as i could see down the road in both directions) he probably just got it and was trying to be a hardass.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Wow Anna, that sucks! I've never seen a Subie crash (other than my own), but I've seen plenty of others. The worst I saw was a bettle that hit a parked tow truck at about 60 mph... All I saw was a huge cloud of dust and a bunch of parts flying through the air. It was nuts. I was a couple of lanes over and too far past it to stop, but I'm sure that someone died :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

I luckily havent seen a Sube accident.. seen a few others though from 3rd and unfortunately 1st person perspective.... Including driving through a pile up "in progress" when I lived in Atlanta and being the passenger in my sisters VW Rabbit when she pulled into oncoming traffic in Arlington; bending the frame, cracking the block and totalling it... it was a month old btw... :shock: :cry:
Last edited by GeneralGrievous on Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ Oh, that REALLY sucks :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.