Guinea Rd Hydrolock

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Guinea Rd Hydrolock

Post by GeneralGrievous »

A friend of my wife's family was driving his 02 WRX down Guinea this past week prior to the road being closed due to high water etc. Well I havent spoken with him personally yet but my wife talked with him today and he told her the a deep puddley area totaled his car from water intake.

She said it was up the exhaust but she couldnt remember what he said. Anyway I offered that it was probably up a cold air intake in his fender and I plan on talking to him next week. All I can say is DAMN.... The insurance peeps totalled it and processed him a check for like 15K. Couldnt he replace the engine or whatever for way cheaper?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I would buy back the salvage car if there's NO interior water damage. drop an '06 WRX 2.5l in there... 8)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya, it going in through the exhaust is *almost* impossible. A CAI, as you suggested, is probably the problem. A swapped motor is about 5k (parts and labor). If he can buy the car back cheap, it might be the way to go.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

yea, depending on how much they want for it it would be nice to have another car. To un-hydro lock an engine is easy.. if thats all it was.

but id that totaled it, i dont think its just that.
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Guinea Rd Hydrolock

Post by complacent »

GeneralGrievous wrote:... a deep puddley area totaled his car from water intake.
water into passenger compartment = total loss. it's fscked. :(
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Ask him if he can strip out the fender wells and trunk carpeting and sides, I needs 'em!
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears