'99 Forester Strut Replacement

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

'99 Forester Strut Replacement

Post by Katya4me »

My mom just rolled over 100K in the Forester and needs new struts, if you know what I mean. ;)

I've glanced around briefly, but so far all I'm seeing is KYB struts. Is that all that is available? And no, I can't talk her into full coilovers. :twisted:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

SCC did a WRX to Forrester XT suspension swap and were quite happy with it. I don't know how much the chasis has changed from her year, but I have been trying to get Jason to do a free swap into his. No luck yet.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I had KYB AGXs on my 2000 Civic Si and I really liked them. I wish they had a direct replacement for the '04 WRX. they're just as good as Koni for my needs and are quite a bit cheaper.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

zaxrex wrote:SCC did a WRX to Forrester XT suspension swap and were quite happy with it. I don't know how much the chasis has changed from her year, but I have been trying to get Jason to do a free swap into his. No luck yet.
According to Will when I asked him earlier, the '99 is a different generation (obviously) and the suspension parts aren't swappable between the XT and hers. I think he said the XT is a little wider and a few other changes.

I'll look into the KYBs then. It's still a few months till the Subaru Challenge. :)